“The Cheap Detective” quotes(1978)
All actors – Peter Falk, Ann-Margret, Eileen Brennan, Sid Caesar, Stockard Channing, James Coco, Dom DeLuise, Louise Fletcher, John Houseman, Madeline Kahn, Fernando Lamas, Marsha Masonshow all
“The Cheap Detective” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Mrs. Montenegro: Mr. Peckinpaugh, I think I have some information regarding the untimely death of your late, deceased, murdered partner.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Who is this?
- Mrs. Montenegro: As the Chinese say, never mind. We must be careful; I'm being watched. Can we meet in your office in fifteen minutes?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: All right. What time...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marcel: I'm sorry, I thought you were alone.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: I tried it that way. It's not as much fun alone.”
“- Jezebel Dezire: Won't you join me in a little drinkie? What's your pleasure?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Uh, what you got there looks good.
- Jezebel Dezire: I know... but I thought you'd like a little drink first.”
“- Betty DeBoop: You'll be back.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: What makes you think so?
- Betty DeBoop: You forgot the glasses.”
“- Marcel: Gentlemen, may I present Miss Betty DeBoop from the Islands?
- Colonel Schlissel: Caribbean or Virgin?
- Betty DeBoop: Well, let's just say I came back a Caribbean.”
“- Lou Peckinpaugh: Suddenly it all seems as though it was yesterday. I stood in that train station, I waited for you for over six hours. Then when your letter came, it started to rain. And I opened it, and the ink ran all over the page. The most important letter of my life... I still don't know what the hell it said!
- Marlene DuChard: It said: ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paul DuChard: Anything wrong?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Oh, no, no. No, it's, uh, my mistake here, uh. For a second here I thought that this young lady was a girl that I knew in France; I was wrong; the girl I know is dead.
- Paul DuChard: Oh, a natural error, monsieur. My wife has been mistaken for dead girls by many men.”
“- Bess: You have a visitor in there, a Miss Sophie De Vega.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Pretty?
- Bess: Prettier than me, but I'm easier.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: I'm saving you for the rainy season.”
“I'm using rented bullets for my gun. We all got problems.”
“- Lou Peckinpaugh: No tip. There's been a death in the family.
- Cabbie: I wish it was you!”
“- Lou Peckinpaugh: You mean you married your own father?
- Mrs. Montenegro: It's not like you think. It was a simple wedding, done very tastefully.”
“It is always the most courageous of men who wins the most beautiful women, but it is only the ruthless who get to keep them.”
“- Jasper Blubber: What is the charge, may I ask?
- Lt. DiMaggio: The murder of Floyd Merkle and five unimportant people.”
“- Lou Peckinpaugh: You can pay, of course.
- Paul DuChard: Ah, monsieur, we, we're not wealthy people. We lost over four million francs betting on the war.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Who'd you have?
- Marcel: We took France - at eight to five.”
“No point crying over spilt husbands.”
“- Jasper Blubber: You drink, of course?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Why not?
- Jasper Blubber: One gin sling!
- Lou Peckinpaugh: I'd rather have a brandy.”