“The Seven-Per-Cent Solution” quotes(1976)
Plot – Doctor Watson manages to take Holmes to Sigmund Freud to make him undergo psychanalysis and heal him from his cocaine addiction. With his assistant and the famous doctor, Holmes is involved in the investigation of a kidnapped dancer who is about to be sold to a rich man to settle a debt.
All actors – Alan Arkin, Vanessa Redgrave, Robert Duvall, Nicol Williamson, Laurence Olivier, Joel Grey, Samantha Eggar, Jeremy Kemp, Charles Gray, Régine, Georgia Brown, Anna Quayle, Jill Townsend, John Bird, Alison Leggatt, Frederick Jaeger, Erik Chitty, Jack May, Gertan Klauber, Leon Greene, Michael Blagdon, Ashley House, Sheila Shand Gibbs, Erich Padalewski, John Hill, , Harry Fielder, Drewe Henleyshow all
“The Seven-Per-Cent Solution” Quotes 6 quotes
“Elementary, my dear... Freud.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Your wedding ring tells me of your marriage, your Balkanized accent hints Hungary or Moravia, the toy soldier on the floor here ought, I think, to belong to a... small boy of five? Have I omitted anything of importance?
- Sigmund Freud: My sense of honour.
- Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it is implied by the fact that you have removed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lola Deveraux: Journeys alone are always so tedious, don't you find? 'Specially when they are long.
- Sherlock Holmes: Will this be a long journey?
- Lola Deveraux: That all depends. But I do think it will seem shorter if there are two of us... don't you?
- Sherlock Holmes: I hope it will not seem too short.”
“Doctor Watson, Mr. Holmes is convinced that I am some sort of criminal mastermind of the most depraved order. I know he is a great and good man. All England resounds with his praise. But in my case he fosters a ghastly illusion and I come to you as his friend rather than turning the matter over to my solicitor.”
“- Sigmund Freud: Who am I that your friends should wish us to meet?
- Sherlock Holmes: Beyond the fact that you are a brilliant Jewish physician who was born in Hungary and studied for a while in Paris, and that certain radical theories of yours have alienated the respectable medical community so that you have severed your connections with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sherlock Holmes: When a man collects books on a subject, they're usually grouped together, but notice, your King James Bible, your Book of Mormon, and Koran are separate, across the room in fact, from your Hebrew Bible and Talmud, which sit on your desk. Now these books have a special importance for you not connected with a general study of...” (continue)(continue reading)