“Deep Impact” quotes(1998)
Plot – In front of a former minister who reacts nervously to her questions, reporter Jenny Lerner believes to be on the trail of a big scandal. While she continues her surveys, she's stopped and taken to a secret meeting with Tom Beck, the current US president, who lets her know in advance what he will say two days later in a press conference: a comet is about to collide with the Earth. There's the risk of a catastrophe and the alternative is a difficult space mission to divert the comet's path. Spurgeon Keeney, a retired astronaut, is the 'Messia' spaceship commander and has to reach the comet, land on its surface and place nuclear explosive devices on it, hoping to destroy it. Meanwhile, the government starts the construction of some underground shelters where only few lucky citizens will survive, even after the deadly impact. Panic seizes the population.
All actors – Robert Duvall, Téa Leoni, Elijah Wood, Vanessa Redgrave, Morgan Freeman, Maximilian Schell, James Cromwell, Ron Eldard, Jon Favreau, Laura Innes, Mary McCormack, Richard Schiffshow all
“Deep Impact” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Jenny Lerner: I want exclusivity.
- President Beck: Now listen, young lady. This is a presidential favour. I'm letting you go because I don't want another headache. And I'm trusting you because I know what this can do for your career. Now, it may seem like we have each other over the same barrel but it just seems that way.”
“- Jenny Lerner: When I was 11, I stole $32 from your wallet.
- Jason Lerner: When you were a baby I once dropped you on your head.”
Jason says "Lie lie lie lie, til death do us part" blah blah blah. And she says yes, and he says yes and it's kissie kissie kissie and congratulations.
“Biggest story in history? What an ego.”
“I know you're just a reporter, but you used to be a person, right?”
“- President Beck: We always thought the deadline for public knowledge was the publication of next year's budget since we've spent more money than we can account for. That won't happen for two weeks. I don't suppose I could prevail upon you to wait two weeks in the name of national security?
- Jenny Lerner: Two weeks? There's no such thing as two...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mike Perry: Thank you for your sexual insight, Mr. Thurman. You can sit down now.
- Jason: Famous people always get sex, Mr. Perry. That's the main reason it's good to be famous.”
“Life will go on, we will prevail.”
“- Jenny Lerner: We know everything.
- Alan Rittenhouse: Nobody knows everything.”
“- Leo Biederman: I talked to Civil defense. They said if you and I got married we'd be family, and I could get you in.
- Sarah Hotchner: What about my parents? They're not your family. I don't want to go without my parents.
- Leo Biederman: I'm the famous Leo Beiderman, and I haven't used my fame for anything, but I got them to let your family...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mark Simon: We sure as hell don't have enough propellent left in the Messiah to maneuver with. How are we supposed to get back off the surface once we've... once we've gotten down there?
- Oren Monash: We don't.
- Andrea Baker: Well, look on the bright side. We'll all have high schools named after us.”