Alan Arkin quotes
“- Sheldon Kornpett: You were involved in the Bay of Pigs?
- Vince Ricardo: Involved? That was my idea.”
“- Ernie Lazarro: He insulted me, called me names? Like what?
- Tony Scarboni: Fruity ass.
- Ernie Lazarro: A what?
- Tony Scarboni: A fruity ass.
- Ernie Lazarro: What the hell is a fruity ass?”
“- Bill: Okay, a little ethics. You are walking down the street. You find a suitcase full of money. There's nobody around. No human person is in evidence. What do you do? A You keep the money. B You use it to buy gifts for your friends and your loved ones. C You give it to the poor. D You turn it into the police.
- Kim: That is really stupid.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sweetheart, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Your wedding ring tells me of your marriage, your Balkanized accent hints Hungary or Moravia, the toy soldier on the floor here ought, I think, to belong to a... small boy of five? Have I omitted anything of importance?
- Sigmund Freud: My sense of honour.
- Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it is implied by the fact that you have removed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sigmund Freud: Who am I that your friends should wish us to meet?
- Sherlock Holmes: Beyond the fact that you are a brilliant Jewish physician who was born in Hungary and studied for a while in Paris, and that certain radical theories of yours have alienated the respectable medical community so that you have severed your connections with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sherlock Holmes: When a man collects books on a subject, they're usually grouped together, but notice, your King James Bible, your Book of Mormon, and Koran are separate, across the room in fact, from your Hebrew Bible and Talmud, which sit on your desk. Now these books have a special importance for you not connected with a general study of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Willie Davis: What's the matter?
- Albert Garner: My face is killing me. I never had to smile so much in my life.”
“It's a very rare person who is taken for what he truly is.”
“- Cliff: I don't want to keep it, I just want to borrow it for a while.
- Peevy: Clifford, when you borrow something and you don't tell nobody, they call that stealing, you know.”
“- Louis 'Lightning' Conlon: Hey Webster, show a little respect!
- Dante Slate, Jr.: I choose to believe that you just called me Webster because of my dictionary-sized vocabulary, not because of my height and race!
- Louis 'Lightning' Conlon: Nope, it's because you're short and black!
- Dante Slate, Jr.: What was Jesus like? I'm curious. Was he...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Lester Siegel: We made history today. "History starts out as farce and ends up as tragedy".
- John Chambers: Quote's the other way around.
- Lester Siegel: Yeah? Who said it?
- John Chambers: Marx.
- Lester Siegel: Groucho said that?
There's gonna come a time very soon, when her ankles are gonna swell up, she's gonna have blotches all over her face, she'll be forty pounds overweight, she'll be throwing up all the time, she's gonna look at you and she'll say "you bastard! You did this to me!".
“A real loser is someone who's so afraid of not winning he doesn't even try.”
“- Max Klein: You want me to be honest with you, Les?
- Lester Siegel: No, I would like you to bullshit me, Max.”
“There are no happy endings because nothing ends.”
“- Wellness Guide: This letter, Edward, is a very important part of the healing process. By writing to your mother, you afford yourself the opportunity to thank her, or forgive her, or to ask her why she did the things she did. Now we don't mail the letter, but the simple act of putting it on paper frees you, allows you to let go. Now... what did...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Forgive me, but you keep talking about how much she meant to you. All I remember is you would show up at the gym first thing in the morning, you would be the last person to leave at night. You didn't have time for anybody or anything. You blamed her for ruining the relationship. Well, maybe the real problem was you.”