Nicol Williamson quotes
“Elementary, my dear... Freud.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Your wedding ring tells me of your marriage, your Balkanized accent hints Hungary or Moravia, the toy soldier on the floor here ought, I think, to belong to a... small boy of five? Have I omitted anything of importance?
- Sigmund Freud: My sense of honour.
- Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it is implied by the fact that you have removed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lola Deveraux: Journeys alone are always so tedious, don't you find? 'Specially when they are long.
- Sherlock Holmes: Will this be a long journey?
- Lola Deveraux: That all depends. But I do think it will seem shorter if there are two of us... don't you?
- Sherlock Holmes: I hope it will not seem too short.”
“- Sigmund Freud: Who am I that your friends should wish us to meet?
- Sherlock Holmes: Beyond the fact that you are a brilliant Jewish physician who was born in Hungary and studied for a while in Paris, and that certain radical theories of yours have alienated the respectable medical community so that you have severed your connections with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sherlock Holmes: When a man collects books on a subject, they're usually grouped together, but notice, your King James Bible, your Book of Mormon, and Koran are separate, across the room in fact, from your Hebrew Bible and Talmud, which sit on your desk. Now these books have a special importance for you not connected with a general study of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is the doom of men that they forget.”
“- Arthur: Which is the greatest quality of knighthood? Courage? Compassion? Loyalty? Humility? What do you say, Merlin?
- Merlin: Hmm? Ah. Ah. Ah, the greatest. Uh, well, they blend, like the metals we mix to make a good sword.
- Arthur: No poetry. Just a straight answer. Which is it?
- Merlin: All right, then. Truth. That's it. Yes. It must be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Remember, there's always something cleverer than yourself.”
“The future has taken root in the present.”
“If you can make a woman laugh you can do anything with her.”
“- Marcel: Gentlemen, may I present Miss Betty DeBoop from the Islands?
- Colonel Schlissel: Caribbean or Virgin?
- Betty DeBoop: Well, let's just say I came back a Caribbean.”
“Good and evil, there never is one without the other.”
“When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.”
“Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.”
Remember it always, for you are joined by it. You are One, under the stars. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead you can say, "I was there that night, with Arthur, the King!". For it is the doom of men that they forget.
“It is always the most courageous of men who wins the most beautiful women, but it is only the ruthless who get to keep them.”
- Dr. Worley: And how did you come back from... Oz?
- Dorothy: With my ruby slippers.
- Dr. Worley: How did they work?
- Dorothy: You put them on and you click your heels three times, and you say: "there's no place like home".
“- Arthur: Merlin! What have I done?
- Merlin: You have broken what could not be broken! Now, hope is broken.
- Arthur: My pride broke it. My rage broke it! This excellent knight, who fought with fairness and grace, was meant to win. I used Excalibur to change that verdict. I've lost, for all time, the ancient sword of my fathers, whose power was...” (continue)(continue reading)