“I was wrong about you, Mrs. Lambert. Meeting the widow of a man like Lake, well, I was expecting a siren, a harpy, a shrew. But you, you have decency, dignity, what my father called gumption.”
“The Truth About Charlie” quotes(2002)
Plot – Regina Lambert lives in Paris, away from her husband Charles, a man as fascinating as mysterious. When Regina comes back home from a lonely holiday, she discovers Charles is dead under suspicious circumstances and all their money is disappeared. Furthermore, three former friends of her husband claim her a sum of money.
All actors – Olga Sékulic, Stephen Dillane, Françoise Bertin, Thandie Newton, Cassius Kumar Wilkinson, Sakina Jaffrey, Mark Wahlberg, Christine Boisson, Simon Abkarian, Christophe Salengro, Philippe Fretun, Loeïza Jacqshow all
“The Truth About Charlie” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Joshua Peters: Excuse me, does this belong to you?
- Sylvia: Now what's he gone and done?
- Joshua Peters: Well, he was creating a fairly sophisticated surveillance system behind the ladies' cabana.”
“- Regina Lambert: You are actually quite sweet for a stars and bars company man, aren't you?
- Lewis Bartholomew: You've discovered my secret side Mrs. Lambert. Keep it under your hat. Boo!”
“I want to make it perfectly clear that even if we wanted to, which we don't, we couldn't force you to do it. Your decision must be entirely your own, Mrs. Lake.”
“- Regina Lambert: Have you ever been in love in Paris, Joshua?
- Joshua Peters: Uh, I can't say I've had that pleasure, Reggie.
- Regina Lambert: Well, you're still young. Maybe you still have a chance.
- Joshua Peters: That would be nice.”
“Reggie, I hate that you're caught up in this. But at the same time I'm glad, because it means we've met.”
“- Regina Lambert: You're a good listener
- Joshua Peters: No. You're a good talker.”