Plot – Tom Welles is a specialist in what once was called private investigation. His job is far from being fascinating and adventurous. The man has a small office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and leads a quiet life with his wife Amy and the little Cindy. He's estimated by his colleagues but he's still waiting for the great professional opportunity. Now he deals only with unfaithful wives and uninteresting minor cases, but a murder will upset his life and let him discover how the world around him is obscure and terrifying, from the Hollywood Boulevard sordid sidewalks to the New York squalid slaughterhouses neighborhood.
All actors – Nicolas Cage, Joaquin Phoenix, James Gandolfini, Peter Stormare, Anthony Heald, Chris Bauer, Catherine Keener, Myra Carter, Amy Morton, Jenny Powell, Anne Gee Byrd, Jack Betts, Luis Oropeza, Rachel Singer, Don Creech, Norman Reedus, Fran Bennett, Wilma Bonet, Luis Saguar, Walter K. Jordan, Norm Compton, Brian Keith Russell, John Robb, Devan Brown, Doris Brent, Robert Amico, Kiva Dawson, Eva Minemar, Rachel Wolfe, Suzy Nakamura, Torsten Voges, Tahitia Dean, Terri Laird, Vernon Guichard II, Emily Patrick, Nancy Vee, Lisa Vanasco, Bridgett Vera, Jennifer Harris, Burton Richards, Jovanna Vitiello, David U. Hodges, William Lawrence Mack, Lorena Martinez, Connie Mercurio, William Buck, Kerry Corcoran, Mario Ernesto Sánchez, Claudia Aros, Alba Albanese, Bob Clendenin, Vito D'Amico, Daniel Dehring, Gilley Grey, Jacklyn Lick, Al Quinn, Louis E. Rosas, Kipling Roweshow all
“8mm” Quotes 24 quotes
“I don't buy it. I don't endorse it. I just point the way.”
“- Tom Welles: Wouldn't want to embarrass yourself in front of your fellow perverts.
- Max California: That's right. I might get drummed out of the Pornographer's Union. Where would I be then?”
“He's a producer-slash-director-slash weirdo. He's like the Jim Jarmusch of S&M.”
“- Tom Welles: I know what you did to her.
- Eddie Poole: Who is this?
- Tom Welles: You murdered her. You and your friends.
- Eddie Poole: What the fuck are you talkin' about?
- Tom Welles: You killed her on film. And now you're fucked. You're all fucked.”
“- Max California: What is this?
- Tom Welles: Money. People use it to buy goods and services.”
“Things I do, I do them because I like them! Because I want to!”
“She's dead. She's been dead a long fucking time and nobody gives a shit but you.”
“Do you think people like the Christians hire us to invite us to their dinner parties? It's our job to clean up their royal messes.”
“- Tom Welles: Why would Christian want this? Why would he want a film of a little girl being butchered?
- Daniel Longdale: Because he could!”
“- Max California: There's three rules in life: one, there's always a victim; two, don't be it.
- Tom Welles: And three?
- Max California: I forgot what three is.”
“If there was no honor among perverts and pornographers, the whole fucking business would fall apart.”
“He's a lover, man... definitely loves what he does for a living.”
“- Max California: Do you get turned on at places like tonight?
- Tom Welles: No, I do not.
- Max California: But you don't exactly get turned off either, do ya? Devil's changing you already.”
“There are some things that you see, and you can't unsee them.”
“- Tom Welles: I'm gonna kill you, Eddie. I'm gonna kill you, and I'm gonna leave you here just like you left her.
- Eddie Poole: You're not gonna kill me. You don't have it in you. What are you gonna do? You gonna shoot me with you own gun, huh? Registered in your name? You really fucking thought this through, didn't you, genius?”
“- Max California: I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but just for the record - I'm straight.
- Tom Welles: Congratulations.”