Modesty quotes28 modesty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Some are blessed with musical ability, others with good looks. Myself, I was blessed with modesty.”
“My daddy always told me to be like a duck. Stay smooth on the surface and paddle like the devil underneath!”
“- Eddie Wilson: I want something great! I want something that nobody's ever done before!
- Sal Amato: Why? We ain't great. We're just some guys from Jersey.”
“Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do.”
“The only thing I’m not good at is modesty, because I’m great at it.”
“When somebody tells you they're not very smart, they're saying exactly the opposite.”
“They are doing things on the screen now that I wouldn't do in bed. If I could.”
“- Stanford Marks: You're the girl with the perfumed poo-poo bags, aren't you?
- Elle Woods: Actually I'm the woman with the scented waste receptacles, but yes.”
“Outraging a lady's modesty, very serious crime in Singapore.”
“- Bruce Wayne: Alfred's not sick, he's dying.
- Dick Grayson: Dying? Why didn't he tell us?
- Bruce Wayne: You know Alfred, he wouldn't say anything, but I can tell.”
“- Cole Trickle: There's nothing I can't do with a race car.
- Harry Hogge: Well, that's the difference between you and me. There's only so much I can do.”
“I'll get you a medal for modesty, Private Williams, would you like that?”
“I hate false modesty. It's just another way to lie.”
Calling me “sir” is like putting an elevator in an outhouse. It don't belong.
“- Mrs. de Winter: I realize the things that she had that I lack - beauty and wit and intelligence and all the things that are so important.
- Frank Crawley: You have qualities that are just as important, more important if I may say so - kindliness and sincerity, and if you'll forgive me, modesty mean more to a husband than all the wit and beauty...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gabriel: What about the sex?
- Mark: ...What kind of a girl do you think I am?”
“There's a tradition in tournament play: not talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you.”