Widow quotes32 widow quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Jim Craig: “United in death” the minister said.
- Spur: Superstition.
- Jim Craig: It's a nice thought, Spur.
- Spur: It's a great comfort to widows and fools. There's more to life than death, Jim.
“I'm a widower. That's like catnip to a cat, in a town where the ladies outnumber you ten to one.”
“When looking to travel incognito, it's safest to travel as a widow. People are always anxious to avoid conversation about death. Widows scare them. And there's no better disguise than fear.”
“I was wrong about you, Mrs. Lambert. Meeting the widow of a man like Lake, well, I was expecting a siren, a harpy, a shrew. But you, you have decency, dignity, what my father called gumption.”
“My life is over. Nothing will ever happen to me anymore.”
“- Earl Rose: I deal with widows everyday! The remains will stay here.
- Roy Kellerman: I don't think so. The remains... What did you call it, your body? The hell with you, and the hell with your law.”
“There's one good thing in being a widow, isn't there? You don't have to ask your husband for money.”
Ed hates anything that keeps him from going to the movies every night. I guess I'm what's called a "Garbo widow".
- Interpreter: Sir is married?
- Anna Leonowens: A widow. Can you please explain to me why you call me "Sir"?
- Interpreter: Women do not stand in the presence of His Excellency.
“- Angelo Perino: I gather you didn't enjoy being a racer's wife.
- Lady Bobby Ayres: Well, let's just say I was a widow long before my husband died.”
“Are you divorced or widowed? Did your husband commit suicide? I could understand that.”
“When a man is a widower why do we say he was widowed? Why don't we say he was widowered?”
“That's how my twelfth husband died. So, now I'm a widow. I mean, I've always been a black widow, but now I'm a black widow widow.”
“- John Clasky: It must be hard being a widow, doing it on your own.
- Flor: Why do you think I am a widow?
- John Clasky: I guess I thought... that would be the only way a guy would leave you.”
“- Duke of Argyll: Tell me, MacGregor, is this matter of honor concerning your wife?
- Robert Roy MacGregor: It's concerning me, Your Grace. Mr. Cunningham and I have matters outstanding.
- Duke of Argyll: She will not thank you for making her a widow, honor or no.”