“The Silence of the Lambs” quotes(1991)
Jonathan Demme directed this movie in 1991
Title The Silence of the Lambs
Director Jonathan Demme
Genre Drama, Crime, Thriller
Director Jonathan Demme
Genre Drama, Crime, Thriller
Plot – Buffalo Bill is a serial killer who skins young women alive. The murders take place in different areas of the US territory and the FBI doesn’t know what to do apart from accusing one single murderer for the crimes. The chief of the Federal Police Jack Crawford seeks the help of a man who might be familiar with the mind of the killer: Hannibal Lecter, a smart psychiatrist but also an insane murderer addicted to cannibalism, imprisoned in the psychiatric Baltimore’s prison. A young undergraduate new recruit called Clarice Starling is chosen to speak with Lecter. Agent Starling establishes an ambiguous relationship with the psychiatrist, who asks Clarice to pay a painful price for the information she needs.
All actors – Jodie Foster, Lawrence A. Bonney, Kasi Lemmons, Lawrence T. Wrentz, Scott Glenn, Anthony Heald, Frankie Faison, Don Brockett, Frank Seals Jr., Stuart Rudin, Anthony Hopkins, Maria Skorobogatov, Jeffrie Lane, Leib Lensky, George 'Red' Schwartz, Jim Roche, Brooke Smith, Ted Levine, James B. Howard, Bill Miller, Chuck Aber, Gene Borkan, Pat McNamara, Tracey Walter, Kenneth Utt, Dan Butler, Paul Lazar, Darla, Adelle Lutz, Obba Babatundé, George Michael, Diane Baker, Roger Corman, Ron Vawter, Charles Napier, Jim Dratfield, D. Stanton Miranda, Rebecca Saxon, Danny Darst, Cynthia Ettinger, Brent Hinkley, Steve Wyatt, Alex Coleman, David Early, Andre B. Blake, Bill Dalzell, Chris Isaak, Daniel von Bargen, Tommy Lafitte, Josh Broder, Buzz Kilman, Harry Northup, Lauren Roselli, Lamont Arnold, John Hall, John W. Iwanonkiw, Lynette Jenkins, Chris McGinn, Ted Monte, George A. Romero, Mike Schaeffershow all
“The Silence of the Lambs” Quotes 21 quotes
“Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard. I'd fuck me so hard.”
“I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye.”
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: What did Miggs say to you? Multiple Miggs in the next cell. He hissed at you. What did he say?
- Clarice Starling: He said, "I can smell your cunt".
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: I see. I myself cannot. You use Evyan skin cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps, but not today.
“Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence. Our Billy wasn't born a criminal, Clarice. He was made one through years of systematic abuse.”
“He's a monster. Pure psychopath. So rare to capture one alive. From a research point of view, Lecter is our most prized asset.”
“You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling?”
“- Clarice Starling: I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. The rancher was so angry he sent me to live at the Lutheran orphanage in Bozeman. I never saw the ranch again.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: What became of your lamb, Clarice?
- Clarice Starling: They killed him.”
“Billy hates his own identity, you see, and he thinks that makes him a transsexual.”
“- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: How do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.
- Clarice Starling: No. We just...
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?”
“- Jack Crawford: I remember you from my seminar at UVA. You grilled me pretty hard, as I recall, on the bureau's civil rights record in the Hoover years. I gave you an A.
- Clarice Starling: A-minus, Sir.”
“- Clarice Starling: He won't come after me.
- Ardelia Mapp: Oh really?
- Clarice Starling: He won't. I can't explain it... he... he would consider that rude.”
“- Clarice Starling: Most serial killers keep some sort of trophies from their victims.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: I didn't.
- Clarice Starling: No. No, you ate yours.”
“- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Ah. That is the Duomo seen from the Belvedere. Do you know Florence?
- Clarice Starling: All that detail just from memory, sir?
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Memory, Agent Starling, is what I have instead of a view.”
“When the nurse leaned over him, he did this to her. [pulls out a photo] The doctors managed to reset her jaw, more or less. Saved one of her eyes … his pulse never got above 85, even when he ate her tongue.”
“You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you... why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to.”
“- Clarice Starling: They were screaming.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: And you ran away?
- Clarice Starling: No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: But you could and you did, didn't you?”
“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”
“You're very frank, Clarice. I think it would be quite something to know you in private life.”