Danny Glover quotes
“- Colonel Isaac Johnson: You've got nothing on me. I'm covered. Call the Joint Chief.
- Attorney General Russert: That won't be necessary, Colonel, as I have already received no less than a dozen calls from highly-ranked and powerfully-placed individuals telling me to let you go. But the joy of checks and balances in our government is that I can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mal: Tomorrow we'll go into town and straighten this out once and for all. And then we'll be back here, farming. If I catch any of those cattle on our land after tomorrow, I'm gonna start carvin' them into steaks. And believe me, that's one thing I know about.
- Dawson: Killin' cattle is a hanging offense in these parts! If we shot you down...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've always been able to make choices that don't embarrass me.”
“- Shug Avery: Celie is coming with us to Memphis.
- Albert: Over my dead body.
- Shug Avery: You satisfied? That what you want?
- Albert: [to Celie] Now what's wrong with you?
- Celie Johnson: You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm too old for this shit!”
“I don't wanna kill you, and you don't wanna be dead.”
“Looking for your general friend? He's barbecuing his nuts on Hollywood Boulevard.”
“How can you see what your life is worth, or where your value lies? You can never see through the eyes of man... You must look at your life, look at your life through Heaven's eyes!”
“When all you've got is nothing, there's a lot to go around.”
“- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): Remarks like that will not get you invited to Christmas dinner.
- Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon): My luck's changing for the better every day.”
- Gus Green: It could be worse.
- Joe Waters: Hey Gus, please don't say that. 'Cause it can't get any worse. I'm so sick of everytime we get in trouble or something goes bad, we think of, like, worse situations just so we can say "This ain't so bad, it could be worse". Gus, the truth is, it can't get any worse.
“- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): The one with the pits in his face?
- Rianne Murtaugh: Those are dimples!
- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): Those are pits. When he smiles, I can see through his head.”
“- Martin Riggs: Biter has a psychology degree?
- Roger Murtaugh: More like a psycho degree.”
“- Mack: We were planning to take my boy.
- Simon: How old is he?
- Mack: 15.
- Simon: 15? Probably won't wanna go with you now. Probably go with his friends and his chick now. You've missed that boat.”
“- McCaskey: You know, Roger, you are way behind the times. The guys of the 80s aren't tough. They are sensitive people. Show a little emotion to a woman and shit like that. I think I'm an '80s man...
- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): How do you figure?
- McCaskey: Last night I cried in bed. So how is that?
- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): Were...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Denver: How come everybody from Sweet Home can't stop talking about it? Seems to me if it was so sweet, you wouldn't have run away.
- Sethe: Girl, who you think you talking to?
- Paul D: No, she's right, Sethe. It wasn't sweet, and it sure wasn't home.”
“Hey, kid. Welcome to the war.”
“I wish I could tell you we can prevent the coming destruction. We cannot. Today, none of us are strangers. Today, we are one family, stepping into the darkness together.”
“I'm too old for this shit.”