Invention quotes72 invention quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Oh, you poor, poor dear. You could have married Elliot Firestone, the man who invented the wheel. Instead you picked Fred Flintstone, the man who invented the excuse!”
“- F.B.I. Director Womack: What do you know about V.X. gas?
- Stanley Goodspeed: Liquid; failed pesticide; discovered by mistake in 1952. Uhh, actually, it's kind of like champagne that way. The Franciscan monks thought they were making white wine. Somehow the bottle carbonated. Voila, champagne, and uhh, then the whole thing...
- F.B.I. Director...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The most versatile substance on the planet, and they used it to build a Frisbee.”
“Newton created a neural bridge from garbage and drifted with a Kaiju!”
“I'm gonna find the guy who invented Xylocaine and kiss his ass on Hollywood and Vine!”
“I built this for you. It represents my life's work. This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out. And when you do, you will change the world.”
“- Willy Wonka: [making a mysterious formula] Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
- Mrs. Teevee: That's 105%!”
“- Joshua Peters: Excuse me, does this belong to you?
- Sylvia: Now what's he gone and done?
- Joshua Peters: Well, he was creating a fairly sophisticated surveillance system behind the ladies' cabana.”
“- Rosalie Octavius: You need to sleep soundly tonight.
- Dr. Otto Octavius: Did Edison sleep before he turned on the light bulb? Did Marconi sleep before he turned on the radio? Did Beethoven sleep before he wrote the fifth?
- Peter Parker: Did Bernoulli sleep before he found the curves of quickest descent?”
“- Reporter #1: Dr. Kellogg, how did you come to invent the corn flake?
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg: The corn flake, sir, is just one of my 75 creations for heathy livin', among them peanut butter and the electric blanket.”
“- Q: There are only about six people in the world who could set up fail-safes like this.
- James Bond: Can you get past them?
- Q: I invented them.”
“You told me you were going to bring a smile to the hips of everyone in America.”
“- Kumar Patel: Harold Lee, I'd like to introduce you to an invention of mine... meet the smokeless bong.
- Harold Lee: You made this?
- Kumar Patel: You know I did. When you were slaving away at work, I was actually being a productive member of society.”
- Rain: I spent five days searching for the perfect word to describe the husband and that's when I came up with "apucious".
- Gabe: Apucious. I looked it up in the dictionary but I couldn't find it.
- Rain: Yeah, I know. I made it up.
- Gabe: Oh, really.
- Rain: Yeah. I thought it described him perfectly.
“Mr. Franz, I think careers are a 20th century invention and I don't want one.”