Invention quotes79 invention quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Although only fifty Tuckers were ever produced, forty six of them are still road worthy and in use today. Tucker's innovations of aerodynamic styling, padded dash, pop out windows, seat belts, fuel injection and disc brakes were slowly adopted by Detroit and are found in the cars you are driving now. Preston Tucker died of an illness six years...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There are some things that shouldn't be invented.”
“It’s just the greatest thing that humans ever made…it’s the Vespa!”
“I make something impossible. They rip it away from me, so I do it again and they do it again. And again and again. This isn't like everything else. This IS everything else. Our future isn't going to be paved with bricks but with copper. Automation, transportation, communication. And the man that controls that current, controls that future.”
“A true legacy isn't what we build up to the heavens or carve deep into stone. Rocks will crumble,paper disintegrates, and bone turns to powder. Only that which isn't in the physical realm and reaches in both directions can be eternal. Our ideas.They are what we leave behind. And only they are what can push us forward.”
“Let me welcome you to the reality of how things come into existence. We all contribute. That's what invention is. The salt, the grain, the heat, the heart. Only one man makes the bread rise. That's the one that puts it all together. Makes it taste so damn good the people will go out there, and hand over their hard-won dollars to buy it.”
“The world will never be the same. I'm working on something now, something so new that people will forget I was ever associated with electricity.”
“Oh, you poor, poor dear. You could have married Elliot Firestone, the man who invented the wheel. Instead you picked Fred Flintstone, the man who invented the excuse!”
“- F.B.I. Director Womack: What do you know about V.X. gas?
- Stanley Goodspeed: Liquid; failed pesticide; discovered by mistake in 1952. Uhh, actually, it's kind of like champagne that way. The Franciscan monks thought they were making white wine. Somehow the bottle carbonated. Voila, champagne, and uhh, then the whole thing...
- F.B.I. Director...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The most versatile substance on the planet, and they used it to build a Frisbee.”
“Newton created a neural bridge from garbage and drifted with a Kaiju!”
“I'm gonna find the guy who invented Xylocaine and kiss his ass on Hollywood and Vine!”
“I built this for you. It represents my life's work. This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out. And when you do, you will change the world.”
“- Willy Wonka: [making a mysterious formula] Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
- Mrs. Teevee: That's 105%!”
“- Joshua Peters: Excuse me, does this belong to you?
- Sylvia: Now what's he gone and done?
- Joshua Peters: Well, he was creating a fairly sophisticated surveillance system behind the ladies' cabana.”
“- Rosalie Octavius: You need to sleep soundly tonight.
- Dr. Otto Octavius: Did Edison sleep before he turned on the light bulb? Did Marconi sleep before he turned on the radio? Did Beethoven sleep before he wrote the fifth?
- Peter Parker: Did Bernoulli sleep before he found the curves of quickest descent?”
“- Reporter #1: Dr. Kellogg, how did you come to invent the corn flake?
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg: The corn flake, sir, is just one of my 75 creations for heathy livin', among them peanut butter and the electric blanket.”