Plot – Leonard Shelby, a professional investigator at an insurance company, is 30 and suffers from a rare disease: he can't keep memory for more than a quarter of an hour. He's on the trail of his wife's murderer, but everyday he has to reconstruct from scratch all he has discovered the previous days. Thanks to pictures, notes and tattoos he tries to build his memories despite his disease and the equivocal investigation.
All actors – Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, Mark Boone Junior, Russ Fega, Jorja Fox, Stephen Tobolowsky, Harriet Sansom Harris, Thomas Lennon, Callum Keith Rennie, Kimberly Campbell, Marianne Muellerleile, Larry Holden, , Buzz Viscontishow all
“Memento” Quotes 21 quotes
“You mix your laundry list with your grocery list, you'll end up eating your underwear for breakfast.”
“I know what that's going to sound like when I knock on it. I know what that's going to feel like when I pick it up. See? Certainties. It's the kind of memory that you take for granted.”
“- Leonard Shelby: How can you read that again?
- Leonard's Wife: It's good.
- Leonard Shelby: Yeah, but you read it like a thousand times.
- Leonard's Wife: I enjoy it.
- Leonard Shelby: I always thought the pleasure of a book is not knowing what happens next.
- Leonard's Wife: Hey, don't be a prick. I'm not reading it to annoy you, I enjoy it....” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can just feel the details. The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments... even if you don't want to. You put these together, and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them... and how much you hate the person who took them away.”
“I can't remember to forget you.”
“- Natalie: What's the last thing that you do remember?
- Leonard Shelby: My wife...
- Natalie: That's sweet.
- Leonard Shelby: ...dying. I remember my wife dyng.”
“- Leonard Shelby: I don't want your fucking money.
- Jimmy Grantz: Then what? What do you want?
- Leonard Shelby: I want my fucking life back!”
“It's beer o'clock, and I'm buying.”
“I was the only guy who disagreed with the cops - and I had brain damage.”
“Someone has to pay, Lenny. Somebody always pays.”
“I was an investigator. I'd investigate the claims to see which ones were phony. I had to see through people's bullshit. It was an useful experience, 'cause now it's my life.”
“If we talk for too long, I'll forget how we started. Next time I see you, I'm not gonna remember this conversation. I don't even know if I've met you before. ...I've told you this before, haven't I?”
“- Natalie: Tell me about her again.
- Leonard Shelby: Why?
- Natalie: Because you like to remember her.
- Leonard Shelby: She was beautiful. To me, she was perfect.
- Natalie: No, don't just recite the words. Close your eyes... and remember her.”
“If we can't make memories, we can't heal.”
“- Natalie: Even if you get revenge you're not gonna remember it. You're not even going to know that it happened.
- Leonard Shelby: My wife deserves vengeance. It doesn't make a difference whether I know about it. Just because there are things I don't remember doesn't makes my actionsmeaningless. The world doesn't just disappear when you close...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Teddy: You're living.
- Leonard Shelby: Only for revenge.”
“We all lie to ourselves to be happy.”