Oprah Winfrey quotes
“My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
“You can take from every experience what it has to offer you. And you cannot be defeated if you just keep taking one breath followed by another.”
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
“The only courage you will need is the courage to live the life you are meant to.”
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
“I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.”
“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
“It doesn't matter who you are, or where you came from. The ability to triumph begins with you. ALWAYS.”
“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
“- Felix: I knew it. It's a birthday party for the new king.
- Cyrus: No, no. I'm pretty certain it's a baby shower.
- Deborah: Or maybe they're referring to the coming Messiah. The Son of God.
- Cyrus: Okay, now, I'm starting to worry about her.
- Felix: Deborah, are you okay? How many hooves am I holding up?”
“- Felix: These wise guys are lost!
- Deborah: Wise men don't get lost, Felix.
- Felix: So you're saying they know where this birthday party is?
- Cyrus: And what makes you so certain it's a birthday party?
- Deborah: Oh, here we go.
- Felix: Have you seen the presents these guys are bringing? Gold? Myrrh? Frankincense?
- Cyrus: Could be a baby...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My God, the dead has arisen.”
“I think people are going to remember this night. What happened around this manger will be celebrated for thousands of years. Families will come together and exchange presents and sing carols all to remember the grace of this moment that we are witnessing right now.”
“- Denver: How come everybody from Sweet Home can't stop talking about it? Seems to me if it was so sweet, you wouldn't have run away.
- Sethe: Girl, who you think you talking to?
- Paul D: No, she's right, Sethe. It wasn't sweet, and it sure wasn't home.”
“Everything you are and everything you have, is because of that butler.”
“Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it.”
“The things that one most wants to do are the things that are probably most worth doing.”
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
“Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.”