Richard Burton quotes
“- Colonel Allen Faulkner: Shawn, how goes it?
- Lt. Shawn Fynn: Fine thanks. I tell you, Jock, that's it. My heels are where my balls used to be.”
“A pretty girl, but she has a double chin and an over-developed chest. And she’s rather short in the leg. So I can hardly describe her as the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen.”
“Little islands are all large prisons: one cannot look at the sea without wishing for the wings of a swallow.”
“Your tongue is old, but sharp, Cicero. Be careful how you waggle it. One day it will cut off your head.”
“Certainly most movie executives were making love to the starlets. But then, so were most of us actors.”
“He loved her to madness; her madness and his.”
“When I played drunks I had to remain sober because I didn't know how to play them when I was drunk.”
“Travelers are like poets. They are mostly an angry race.”
“The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.”
“False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.”
- John Morlar: I have a "gift" for disaster.
- Dr. Zonfeld: You seem to have survived it.
- John Morlar: I don't mean for me, I mean for others.
“An actor is something less than a man, while an actress is something more than a woman.”
“- Winston Smith: Does Big Brother even exist?
- O'Brien: Of course he exists.
- Winston Smith: No, I mean... does he exist like you or me?
- O'Brien: You do not exist.”
“- O'Brien: Do you consider yourself a man?
- Winston Smith: Yes.
- O'Brien: If you're a man, Winston, you're the last man. Your kind is extinct. We are the inheritors. Do you realize that you are alone? You are outside history. You unexist.”
“Gentlemen, see you after the war.”