Richard Harris quotes
“Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!”
“There's more fiction in my life than in books, so I don't bother with them.”
“Outsiders? Are these the same outsiders who took the corn from our mouths when the potatoes went rotten in the ditches?”
“- Marcus Aurelius: When was the last time you were home?
- Maximus: Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this morning.”
“The Pulitzer is a common prize that means very little.”
“- Michael Ransom: I've come to kill you.
- Maj. Vic Jenkins: You can't kill me. You owe me your life.”
“- Edmond Dantes: God is no more real than your treasure, Priest.
- Abbè Faria: Perhaps.”
“- Martin Steckert: You promised to come and visit me, now.
- Martin: Yes.
- Martin Steckert: Is that a deal?
- Martin: Hard, fast deal.”
“I'm sober enough to know I was drunk.”
“The stronger swordsman does not necessarily win. It is speed! Speed of hand, speed of mind.”
“Ape or Man, I'm still going to stuff him and hang him on the wall of my Club.”
“- Maggie McCabe: It wasn't your fault.
- 'Bull' McCabe: Wasn't it my mouth the words came out of?”
“- Walter: You have to pee too?
- Frank: I'm 75 years old. I always have to pee.”
“It was fear that first brought gods into the world.”
“- Edmond Dantes: You lied?
- Abbé Faria: I'm a priest, not a saint.”
“- 'Bull' McCabe: There's another law stronger than the common law.
- Father Chris Doran: What's that?
- 'Bull' McCabe: The law of the land.”
“You gotta have a partner to dance.”
“- Abbé Faria: In return for your help, I offer you something priceless.
- Edmond Dantes: My freedom?
- Abbé Faria: No, freedom can be taken away, as you well know. I offer you my knowledge.”