Presidency quotes196 presidency quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Somewhere in Libya right now, a janitor's working the night shift at Libyan Intelligence Headquarters. He's going about doing his job... because he has no idea, in about an hour he's going to die in a massive explosion. He's just going about his job, because he has no idea that about an hourago I gave an order to have him killed. You've just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“[the President calls the Soviet Premier]
Hello?... Uh... Hello D- uh hello Dmitri? Listen uh uh I can't hear too well. Do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? … Oh-ho, that's much better... yeah... huh... yes... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri... Clear and plain and coming through fine... I'm coming through fine, too, eh?......” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Adm. Chester W. Nimitz: Mr. President, with all respect, sir. What you're asking can't be done.
[the president attempts to disengage his wheelchair leg braces and stand]
- George: [tries to aid the president] Mr. President...
- Roosevelt: Get back, George. Get back. [struggles to stand but is able to stand erect] Do not tell me it can't be done.”
“When we do have free time, the last thing we want is complicated analysis of our government, lobbying, international trade agreements, and taxbills. So it's no surprise that when a monotone bureaucratic Vice President came to power we hardly noticed. As he achieved a position of authority that very few leaders in the history of America ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a richwine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Andrew Shepherd: Do you think there will ever be a time when you can stand in a room with me and not think of me as the President?
- Sydney Ellen Wade: This isn't a state of mind. You are the President. And when I'm in a room with you, oval or any other shape, I'm always gonna be a lobbyist, and you're always gonna be the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?”
“- John Spartan: Hold it. The Schwarzenegger Library?
- Lenina Huxley: Yes. The Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...?
- John Spartan: Stop! He was President?
- Lenina Huxley: Yes! Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...
- John Spartan: I don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“But that wife of his, Eleanor... big dyke! Huge dyke. A real rug muncher. Looked like a big lesbian mule.”
- Sydney Ellen Wade: Two hundred pairs of eyes are focused on you with two questions on their minds: "who's this girl", and "why is the President dancing with her?".
- President Andrew Shepherd: Well, first of all, the two hundred pairs of eyes aren't focused on me. They're focused on you. And the answers are Sydney Ellen Wade, and because she... (continue)(continue reading)
“Is there anything as pathetic as an ex-president?”
“I'm the President and, as they say, the buck stops here. So I take full responsibility for each one of my illegalactions. But that's not the whole story. I think the American people are entitled to the real truth. I have here evidence in the form of notes, letters, and written memoranda, proving that Bob Alexander was involved in each of these...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Trump says he wants to run for president. Why not? It wouldn't be the first time he pushed a black family out of their home.”
“Presidents who obsess over history obsess about their place in it, instead of forging it.”
“Teen Lydia-We all know I’m not special.
Teen Emily-I didn’t say that.
Teen Lydia-It’s fine though. You don’t know how life is going to go. And I could be the president, getting chauffeured in fancy limousines.”
“He's not a regular person, he's the next fucking President of the United fucking States!”