Order quotes156 order quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Colonel Isaac Johnson: You've got nothing on me. I'm covered. Call the Joint Chief.
- Attorney General Russert: That won't be necessary, Colonel, as I have already received no less than a dozen calls from highly-ranked and powerfully-placed individuals telling me to let you go. But the joy of checks and balances in our government is that I can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know the rules. Keep you mouth shut and your legs open.”
“- General Edward Clegg: I am giving you a direct order!
- Mike Banning: Newsflash asshole - I don't work for you.”
“People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.”
“Keep on knockin, but you can't come in!”
“All right, you devil dogs, let's take that fuckin' hill!”
“- Sugar Ray: Vera, you know we tally up at 4 o'clock. What is your problem?
- Vera: Kiss my ass, Sugar. I've got to watch my girls until the last trick is gone. And I'm not about to ask no customer to roll over so I can punch some goddamn clock. Now, this is your place, but I am in charge of the girls... and you can just kiss my ass.”
“Eat the cake, Anna Mae.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Mrs. Hudson! Mrs. Hudson!
- Mrs. Hudson: Yes? What is it? What have I done now?
- Sherlock Holmes: There is something missing from my desk!
- Mrs. Hudson: Missing?
- Sherlock Holmes: Something very crucial!
- Mrs. Hudson: What?
- Sherlock Holmes: Dust! You have been tidying up against my explicit orders!
- Mrs. Hudson: Oh look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When the world turns upside down, the best thing to do is turn right along with it.”
“You know who else was just following orders? Adolf Hitler.”
“From now on you're working for me. Most of you know how I operate. If you don't, read the papers and find out!”
“- Captain: [to Cinderella] Miss. You are requested and required to present yourself to your king.
- Lady Tremaine: I forbid you to do this!
- Captain: And I forbid you to forbid her! Who are you to stop an officer of the king? Are you an empress? A saint? A deity?”
“They respect but one law - the law of fear. I expect you to carry out whatever orders I give, whenever I give them.”
“Here's what you guys are good at: working out, eating five hot meals a day. What you're not so good at, is doing what you're told.”
“I commanded no massacres!”
“I am not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill transvestite!”
“Until someone finds a way to stop 20 percent of America putting this shit up their nose, order is the best we can hope for.”
“I’m here to regulate funkiness.”
- McBainbridge: I'm giving you two weeks to get things moving or you're history.
- Ricky: Wait a second. First of all, two weeks? You gotta give me a little more time than that.
- McBainbridge: Hold it! Hold it right there! Right there. Every day on the way to work, I pass a dozen guys carrying signs: "Homeless family will work for food"... (continue)(continue reading)