Order quotes156 order quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Colonel Isaac Johnson: You've got nothing on me. I'm covered. Call the Joint Chief.
- Attorney General Russert: That won't be necessary, Colonel, as I have already received no less than a dozen calls from highly-ranked and powerfully-placed individuals telling me to let you go. But the joy of checks and balances in our government is that I can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know the rules. Keep you mouth shut and your legs open.”
“- General Edward Clegg: I am giving you a direct order!
- Mike Banning: Newsflash asshole - I don't work for you.”
“Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.”
“That was an order! Steiner's assault was an order! Who do you think you are to dare disobey an order I give? So this is what it has come to! The military has been lying to me. Everybody has been lying to me, even the SS! Our generals are just a bunch of contemptible, disloyal cowards.”
“People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.”
“Keep on knockin, but you can't come in!”
“All right, you devil dogs, let's take that fuckin' hill!”
“- Sugar Ray: Vera, you know we tally up at 4 o'clock. What is your problem?
- Vera: Kiss my ass, Sugar. I've got to watch my girls until the last trick is gone. And I'm not about to ask no customer to roll over so I can punch some goddamn clock. Now, this is your place, but I am in charge of the girls... and you can just kiss my ass.”
“If we don't have order, we have nothing. Where we go one, we go all.”
“Eat the cake, Anna Mae.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: Mrs. Hudson! Mrs. Hudson!
- Mrs. Hudson: Yes? What is it? What have I done now?
- Sherlock Holmes: There is something missing from my desk!
- Mrs. Hudson: Missing?
- Sherlock Holmes: Something very crucial!
- Mrs. Hudson: What?
- Sherlock Holmes: Dust! You have been tidying up against my explicit orders!
- Mrs. Hudson: Oh look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When the world turns upside down, the best thing to do is turn right along with it.”
“You know who else was just following orders? Adolf Hitler.”
“From now on you're working for me. Most of you know how I operate. If you don't, read the papers and find out!”
“- Captain: [to Cinderella] Miss. You are requested and required to present yourself to your king.
- Lady Tremaine: I forbid you to do this!
- Captain: And I forbid you to forbid her! Who are you to stop an officer of the king? Are you an empress? A saint? A deity?”
“They respect but one law - the law of fear. I expect you to carry out whatever orders I give, whenever I give them.”
“Here's what you guys are good at: working out, eating five hot meals a day. What you're not so good at, is doing what you're told.”
“I commanded no massacres!”
“I am not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill transvestite!”
“Until someone finds a way to stop 20 percent of America putting this shit up their nose, order is the best we can hope for.”