- Movie quotes
- Dead Man Down
“Dead Man Down” quotes
Title Dead Man Down
Niels Arden Oplev
All actors – Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace, Terrence Howard, Dominic Cooper, Isabelle Huppert, Luis Da Silva Jr., Stu Bennett, Franky G, Declan Mulvey, John Cenatiempo, Roy James Wilson, Myles Humphus
“When I manage to forget what happened to me, when there are no mirrors and no people that reminds me, when my mom makes me laugh... in these moments, I have hope.”
“We make our plans, sure. But life... life is what happens to you along the way.”
“I didn't want to connect. I didn't want to get involved. But she kept on with me, you know. This is what life is. This is why we're here. To connect. To... to build. We're here to build something.”
“I swear sometimes. Especially when I drink.”
“- Victor: The food was... it was very good. Beatrice didn't tell you?
- Valentine Louzon: She was nervous you wouldn't like her cooking. I always told her the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. One of the ways. She'll keep you well fed, that's for sure.”
“We're not meant to be alone. You know what she said to me? She said that even the most damaged heart can be mended. Even the most damaged heart.”
“- Beatrice: Have you made any progress?
- Victor: I will.
- Beatrice: I know. Because I realize now that if I call the police and tell them what I saw, it's not prison you're afraid of. It's that you won't get to finish your revenge.”
“I never thought about it before. Revenge. But... when I saw you kill that man in your apartment... I knew I had my answer.”
“- Beatrice: I was involved in a car accident last year. I was a beautician before. They rebuilt part of my face, but it's... it's kind of hard to give advice on beauty now. And, uh, I have to smile a lot in my job, and most of the time it hurts to smile.
- Victor: I don't get to smile so much. My work.
- Beatrice: No?
- Victor: No. Maybe you and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alphonse: What happened to your face?
- Beatrice: Car accident. What happened to yours?”