Terrence Howard quotes
“Man ain't like a dog. I'm talking about man as in mankind. Because we are a lot like a dog. You know, we like to piss on things. Sniff a bitch when we can. Even get a little pink hard-on the way they do. We territorial as shit. We gonna protect our own. But man, he know about death. Got him a sense of history. Got religion. A dog don't know shit...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Every artist has to grow, and has to challenge themselves with a new form of expression.”
“You know how hard they tried to wash us out in flight school? The colored flyers, it was test after test, anything they can come up to turn us into the cooks, the drivers, the shit shovelers, but I refused to wash out, so did Archer, come hell or high water, we hit the books, we were determined not to spend the war being some niggers.”
“The future of air combat... Is it manned, or unmanned? I'll tell you in my experience, no unmanned aerial vehicle will ever trump a pilot's instinct.”
“If arrogant is the only word people use to describe me now, I would say I think I am making progress.”
“To be absolutely politically correct African-Americans won the Battle of Britain and saved the world.”
“- Detective Mercer: How did you... pull it back together after what happened to you?
- Erica: It's a fair question. You... you become someone else. A stranger.”
“The purpose of my life is being a father to my kids and being a husband to my wife.”
“I've always had a natural fear of the police, or abuse of their power.”
“Politics is the art of postponing a decision until it is no longer relevant.”
“We have a right to fight for our country. The same as every other American.”
“- Colonel William Mortamus: Respect the uniform.
- Colonel A.J. Bullard: Believe me, sir, that is all I have respect for.”
“At all costs, you protect the heavies.”
“- Alphonse: What happened to your face?
- Beatrice: Car accident. What happened to yours?”
“You keep knocking on the devil's door long enough and sooner or later someone's gonna answer you.”
“- Quentin: It's just amazing how you've always analyzed everybody else's shit and then you don't do the same thing for your own self.
- Harper Stewart: Will you chill?
- Quentin: No, because you've done dirt too, motherfucker, and you're doing more dirt! That's right. You're fucking Jordan tonight, remember? Jordan. See, you ain't any better...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Detective Mercer: Who did you see?
- Chloe: I saw Nobody... and Nobody saw me.”
- Shelby: If you had to say something different other than "beat that bitch", what would it be?
- DJay: I don't know. Shit. Stuff like, stomp that ho?
“You in charge. Say it. Say it like you mean it.”
“Look at me. You embarrass me. You embarrass yourself.”
“There's camp right outside Bacon, where I'm from and that's where the army sends the German POW's, picking cotton, what's strange every once and a while, we'd see them around town going to the movies, eating at diners, but if I wanted to go see the same movie I'd half to sit way up in the balcony, those diners were closed to me, even in uniform...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gossie McKee: You need watchin' out for and he ain't got the time to look after you the way I been lookin' after you.
- Ray Charles: Is that what you been doing, Gossie, watchin' out for me? Is that why you get paid double what I do?
- Gossie McKee: Who told you that?
- Ray Charles: Well, it's true, ain't it. You and Marlene been gamin' me...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Tubas are for fat guys with pimples.”