Isabelle Huppert quotes
“We were meant for love, Frances. Not this terrible isolation.”
“- Frances McCullen: You don’t have to be lonely.
- Greta Hideg: Oh, my dear, even you’ll be gone soon.”
“A lady is known by her shoes and her gloves. And we are nothing if not ladies.”
“- Rose: Having you is an honor. Killing my husband for love.
- Lucien Cordier: No, I was just getting rid of trash. The trash also happened to be your husband.
- Rose: There's a lot of trash around.
- Lucien Cordier: There'll be less and less. Had to start somewhere.”
“- Rose: You have to help me. I can't take it. What can I do?
- Lucien Cordier: How the hell do I know? Any idiot can see they were shot with your gun.
- Rose: But that's horrible!
- Lucien Cordier: At first it is horrible. But then you start to think about starvingkids, little girls sold into slavery, women whose sex is sewn up... God created...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is inevitable to be drawn back into human drama.”
“- Rose: You saw everything?
- Lucien Cordier: Let's say I heard everything.
- Rose: And you did nothing?
- Lucien Cordier: Why should I have done something?
- Rose: Why... to stop me.
- Lucien Cordier: It wasn't up to me to stop you. It was up to you, to Huguette, Nono, Marcaillou. If I put temptation in front of you, it's not a reason to use...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They say there are a hundred kinds of deaths. I hope yours will be the worst.”