“I'm a dedicated pain in the butt.”
“Down Periscope” quotes(1996)
Plot – Captain Thomas Dodge's lifetime dream is to be able to take command of a nuclear submarine. When the opportunity comes up and Dodge is mentioned for promotion, some big guns of the High Command blanche, horrified. The captain is regarded by his superiors as extravagant and reckless.
All actors – Kelsey Grammer, Lauren Holly, Rob Schneider, Harry Dean Stanton, Bruce Dern, William H. Macy, Ken Hudson Campbell, Toby Huss, Duane Martin, Jonathan Penner, Bradford Tatum, Harland Williamsshow all
“Down Periscope” Quotes 9 quotes
“- Tom Dodge: Men, at ease. I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our crew, Lt. Emily Lake. Emily is part of a pilot program to test the feasibility of women serving on submarines. She's going to be our diving officer.
- Stepanak: Can she do a one-and-a-half inward back in the layout position?
- Tom Dodge: All right, look,...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Marty Pascal: Jesus, Buckman! This stuff's been on the Stingray since Korea! This can expired in 1966!
- Buckman: [tasting contents of can] What's the matter, sir? It still tastes like creamed corn.
- Marty Pascal: Except it's deviled ham!”
Now, call me a prude if you want, but I don't think it's good policy for the Navy to hand over a billion-dollar piece of equipment to a man who has "Welcome Aboard" tattooed on his penis.
“- Marty Pascal: You're stocking the pantry like an idiot! What are in these cans?
- Buckman: That one's coffee, and that one looks like cooking lard, sir.
- Marty Pascal: And which one do you think we're gonna be using more often, sailor? The coffee or the lard? You think we're all gonna jump out of bed in the morning and have a big, hot,...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Stepanak: Polishing the ol' torpedo sir?
- Tom Dodge: Shut up Stepanak.
- Stepanak: Thank you sir. It's good to be noticed.”