Navy quotes34 navy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Captain of the 'Weser': What's it like down there, in a submarine?
- Der Leitende: It's... quiet.”
“If I were going to be careful, I'd have joined the Coast Guard.”
“Unless we're parked in San Diego Bay, you're at war every time you step on this boat.”
“- Pilot: Lieutenant, you guys are incredible. Thank you.
- Lt. James Curran: There's no reason to thank us because we don't exist. You never saw us. This never happened.
- Lt. Dale Hawkins: One more thing: you're welcome.”
“- Admiral Hammond: On behalf of your commanding officer I'm sure I can tell Mr. José Iturbi that the officers and crew of ship are grateful to him for coming here, to lead our naval bands in this ceremony.
- José Iturbi: Along with every other civilian, it is I who am grateful to you, and to all the men in the United States navy.”
“- Lt. Dave Spradling: We were supposed to meet in your office fifteen minutesago to talk about the McDermont case. You're stalling on this thing. We get this done right now, or I mean it, Kaffee, I'm going to hang your boy from a fuckin' yardarm!
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: Yardarm? Sherby, does the Navy still hang people from Yardarms?
- Lt. Sherby:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We joined the Marines because we wanted to live our lives by a certain code, and we found it in the Corps. Now you're asking us to sign a piece of paper that says we have no honor. You're asking us to say we're not Marines. If a court decides that what we did was wrong, then I'll accept whatever punishment they give. But I believe I was right...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Fighter pukes make movies. Bomber pilots make... history!”
“- Allison Hayes: Why'd you join the Navy?
- David Herdeg: You know the old saying: girl in every port.”
“- Tom Dodge: Men, at ease. I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our crew, Lt. Emily Lake. Emily is part of a pilot program to test the feasibility of women serving on submarines. She's going to be our diving officer.
- Stepanak: Can she do a one-and-a-half inward back in the layout position?
- Tom Dodge: All right, look,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chef: I was supposed to go to Paris, study at the Escoffier School. That's when I got my orders. Well, I joined the Navy. Heard they had better food. Cook school, that did it.
- Willard: Oh yeah? How's that?
- Chef: They lined us up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib. All of us, you know, lined up and looking at it. Magnificent meat!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Take no prisoners Mr. Christian!”
“A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passerby will think he is an officer.”
“- Chief Carl Brashear: Forgive me sir, but to me, the Navy isn't a business. It's an organization of people who represent the finest aspects of our nation. We have many traditions. In my career, I have encountered most of them. Some are good, some not so good. I would, however not be here today were it not for our greatest tradition of all.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“No captain in the soviet navy has ever been faced with such decisions the fate of the boat, the crew, and the fate of the world all in balance. The navy is my life. And one thing I know, there can only be one captain of a ship. The burden of command is on his shoulders, and his alone. None of you, none of you, has the right to judge captain...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sir, I am a Navy man. Where I come from, there are no oceans. Only dirt farms and ornery mules. And no self-respecting Navy man makes a living driving mules.”