William H. Macy quotes
“Nobody became an actor because he had a good childhood.”
“We thought sex was free. Sex is not free. There's a price to be paid emotionally, physically, even legally. Sex isn't a casual thing.”
“Directors work 10 times harder than anyone else. Get paid a quarter.”
“We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.”
“- Billy Brennan: Mr. Kirby, when you climbed K2, did you base camp at twenty-five or thirty thousand feet?
- Paul Kirby: Thirty thousand feet, we were pretty close to the top.
- Billy Brennan: You were about a thousand feet above, actually.”
“I've never done well on the phone. Women find my voice sexy, and I think it distracts them.”
“We've got a blind date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.”
“- Big Bob: What happened? Are you alright? What is it?
- George Parker: Rain.
- Big Bob: Real rain? Oh my God.... Are you alright?”
“- Sheriff Chappy Dent: I guess like everybody I'm scared of bein', you know, rejected.
- Harry Sawyer: There's no way, man. You're a real catch, you're a man's man, a nice guy. You've got your health. And everybody knows what a turn-on that uniform is.”
“- Senator Ortolan Finistirre: What are you going to do when he turns 18? C'mon, Mr. Naylor. On his 18th birthday will you share a cigarette with him? Will you spend a lovely afternoon like one of your ludicrous cigarette advertisements? You seem to have to have a lot to say about how we should raise our children. What of your own? What are you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walt Price: What does that woman want from life?
- Marty Rossen: She wants $800,000 to show her tits.”
“It started with the Godfather, this operatic violence. I don't know.”
“We're not your classic heroes. We're the other guys.”
“- Amanda Kirby: If he'd been with you, he'd be completely safe. You drive five miles under the speed limit, Paul. And I've totaled three cars in three years.
- Paul Kirby: Well, not three. The Buick wasn't really totaled. I just said it was 'cause I wanted to get the S.U.V.”
“- Sammy: Dad, when can I get a guitar?
- Alex: When you've mastered the harmonica.
- Sammy: When can I get an electric guitar?
- Alex: When you've got your own house.”