“The Big Lebowski” quotes(1998)
All actors – Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, David Huddleston, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Tara Reid, Philip Moon, Mark Pellegrino, Peter Stormare, Flea, Torsten Voges, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Jack Kehler, John Turturro, James G. Hoosier, Carlos Leon, Terrence Burton, Richard Gant, Christian Clemenson, Dom Irrera, Gérard L'Heureux, David Thewlis, Lu Elrod, Mike Gomez, Peter Siragusa, Sam Elliott, Marshall Manesh, Harry Bugin, Jesse Flanagan, Irene Olga López, Luis Colina, Ben Gazzara, Leon Russom, Ajgie Kirkland, Jon Polito, Aimee Mann, Jerry Haleva, Jennifer Lamb, Warren Keith, Wendy Braun, Asia Carrera, Kiva Dawson, Robin Jonesshow all
“The Big Lebowski” Quotes 30 quotes
“- Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes click.
- The Dude: Jesus.
- Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.”
“- The Dude: You brought the fuckin' Pomeranian bowling?
- Walter Sobchak: What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.”
“God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the fuck has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?”
“- Walter Sobchak: Am I wrong?
- The Dude: You're not wrong Walter. You're just an asshole.
- Walter Sobchak: Okay then.”
“Without a hostage, there is no ransom. That's what ransom is. Those are the fucking rules.”
“- The Dude: Just stay away from my fucking lady friend.
- Da Fino: Hey, I'm not messing with your special lady.
- The Dude: She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man!”
“- The Dude: Five fucking years ago you were divorced!
- Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?”
“Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.”
“Look at our current situation with that camel fucker over in Iraq. Pacifism is not something to hide behind.”
“It's a male myth about feminists that we hate sex. It can be a natural, zesty enterprise. But unfortunately there are some people - it is called satyriasis in men, nymphomania in women - who engage in it compulsively and without joy. Yes, Mr. Lebowski, these unfortunate souls cannot love in the true sense of the word.”
“Man, if my fuckin' ex-wife asked me to take care of her fuckin' dog while she and her boyfriend went to Honolulu I'd tell her to go fuck herself.”
“- The Stranger: Do you have to use so many cuss words?
- The Dude: What the fuck you talking about?
- The Stranger: Okay, Dude. Have it your way.”
“Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.”
“- Maude Lebowski: In a sense, yes. My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina.
- The Dude: Oh yeah?
- Maude Lebowski: Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bunny Lebowski: I'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars.
- Brandt: Ah! Wonderful woman. We're all, we're all very fond of her. Very free-spirited.
- Bunny Lebowski: Brandt can't watch, though, or he has to pay a hundred.
- Brandt: Ah! That's marvelous.
- The Dude: Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.”
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or... His Dudeness, or, uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
They call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels". I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there.
“- The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?
- Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you do not... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jackie Treehorn: Interactive erotic software. The wave of the future, Dude. One hundred percent electronic!
- The Dude: Yeah well, I still jerk off manually.”