“Enchanted April” quotes(1991)
Plot – World War I has ended and Lottie Wilkins is depressed because her husband Mellersh complains constantly, so she decides to leave for a travel.
All actors – Josie Lawrence, Miranda Richardson, Alfred Molina, Neville Phillips, Jim Broadbent, Michael Kitchen, Joan Plowright, Polly Walker, Stephen Beckett, Matthew Radford, Davide Manuli, Vittorio Duseshow all
“Enchanted April” Quotes 7 quotes
“All my dead friends don't seem worth reading tonight. They always say the same things. Good things, but always the same.”
“- Caroline Dester: I want to just sit and not talk and not have to be the centre of attention all the time. You know what that's like don't you?
- Rose Arbuthnot: No.”
“In my day husbands and beds were very seldom mentioned in the same breath. Husbands were taken seriously, as the only true obstacle to sin.”
“- Mellersh Wilkins: You accepted an invitation from a friend without consulting me?
- Lottie Wilkins: I'm consulting you now!
- Mellersh Wilkins: Well you can write her and just tell her you can't go, it's absolutely out of the question!
- Lottie Wilkins: I can't do that!
- Mellersh Wilkins: Why not?
- Lottie Wilkins: Because I don't want to!”
“I've wasted so much time being beautiful.”
“- Lottie Wilkins: Did you know Keats?
- Mrs. Fisher: Keats! No I didn't, and I didn't know Shakespeare or Chaucer either.”