Brendan Gleeson quotes
“- Matt Weston: You're a dead man.
- David Barlow: Yeah, a long time ago.”
“- Hector Cyr: What the hell are you doing?! I'm laying a spring trap.
- Sheriff Hank Keough: I could have shot you!
- Hector Cyr: This could end up saving your life, which is meaningful to you, because the longer you live, the more sex you get to have with your sister!”
“People don't fix each other, Joseph. And they never become anything but what they've always been.”
“Miss Emily, I'm forever in your debt.”
“Better a madman than a slave.”
“- Mark Kasdan: Mr Horner, I'm Mark Kasdan from the Hampstead and Highgate Express. If you have a moment...
- Donald Horner: Do you think I'm just made of moments that I can pass around like Communion wafers?”
“- David: Well, you have certainly captured your public's imagination.
- Donald Horner: They can have it back if I can keep my home.”
“- Emily Walters: Are you judging me?
- Donald Horner: Well, I'm trying to, but you're not giving me much to work on.”
“- Donald Horner: Do you think my mother bore a complete halfwit?
- Emily Walters: Is there such a thing as a complete halfwit?”
“- Emily Walters: It's always a lot of fun to be told one is just blindly stumbling their way through life.
- Donald Horner: Well, you know, stumbling has its benefits. You stumbled my way, after all.”
“What am I, your cause of the month now? Couldn't get anywhere with global warming, no?”
“If people want to stay attached to their radioactive walkie-talkies it's their business. Do I like what they're doing? No. Do I like them? Probably not. Do I respect their right to do as their little shallow hearts desire? I most certainly do. So, no, I don't care.”
“- Donald Horner: So am I different to what you expected?
- Emily Walters: Hmm. Perhaps. You seem...
- Donald Horner: Go on.
- Emily Walters: Cleaner.
- Donald Horner: That's honest.”
“I'm Irish. Racism is part of my culture.”
“Well that was bloody Shakespearian. Do you know who Shakespeare is? He wrote the King James Bible.”
“I thought black people couldn't ski. Or is that swimming?”
“- Inspector Arthur Steed: And there's nothing left but to stop you.
- Maud Watts: What are you gonna do? Lock us all up? We're in every home, we're half the human race, you can't stop us all.”
“Like the fat man said, if you have to be careful not to drink too much, it's because you're not to be trusted when you do.”
“You'd never think it... needing rain so badly. Not in fucking England!”
“- August Nicholson: If this place is worthy, she'll be successful in her quest.
- Mrs. Clack: How could you have sent her. She is blind.
- Edward Walker: She is more capable than most in this village. And she is led by love.”
“- Jack Van Meter: Arthur, No one buys your sudden transformation into this beacon of higher consciousness and moral right. The last thing your ham-fisted political ploy will get you is four stars. You should rethink this - very seriously. Very seriously.
- Arthur Holland: I know how you fight, I'm ready for you, We can handle this like gentlemen...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gerry Boyle: There were gay lads in the IRA?
- Colum Hennessey: Mmm... one or two. It was the only way we could successfully infiltrate the MI5.”