Sin quotes143 sin quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
Dante described it perfectly. Bleeding trees waiting for Judgment Day, where we can all hang ourselves from our own branches. It's not that easy... "Doctor". To find rest takes a real genius. It's all a matter of discernment. Now, R.C. Sproul said we're not sinners because we sin, but we sin because we are sinners. In more accessible terms,... (continue)(continue reading)
“God gave us a great big apple, see, and He said don't touch it. He didn't say touch it once in a while; He didn't say take a nibble when you're hungry; He said don't touch it! Don't think about touchin'it, don't sing about touchin' it, don't think about singin' about touchin' it!”
“- Michael McCarty: You are a salesman, sir.
- Walter Sullivan: Selling sin is easy.”
“I have long feared that my sins would return to visit me, and the cost is more than I can bear.”
“Fact is, all lies, all evil deeds, they stink. You can cover them up for a while, but they don't go away.”
“I have sinned. I'm going to burn in Hell forever. I threw away the right to go to Heaven.”
“- Joanna: I love him.
- The Reverend: No, you do not. It is lust.
- Joanna: Yes.
- The Reverend: I will beat your mother out of you.”
“- Gilda: This vacuum I'm living in, mind giving me a reason?
- Johnny Farrell: Not at all. You've had such a full life up to now; I thought a little peace and quiet would do you good. Give you time to think!
- Gilda: Think about what?
- Johnny Farrell: Would it be too corny to say: your sins.
- Gilda: Yes, it would.
- Johnny Farrell: Well, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In our obsession of original sin, we too often forget original innocence.”
“- Madeleine: I am a simple person I see the world as I have been taught,yet I would not be afraid to go before God with you even in our sin.
- Urbain Grandier: You shame me.”
“Sin can be caught as easily as the plague.”
“- Father Barre: If they are not driven out, your devils might, by their infernal arts, prevent the torture being as excruciating as it should be. Then you would never confess, and your soul would be damned for eternity. Are you ready to confess?
- Urbain Grandier: I have been a man. I have loved women. I have enjoyed power.
- Father Barre:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When it comes to women and love, I've never seen any sin.”
“So this is like the Seven Deadly Sins, right? I mean, I've never been great at math, but, uh, the big angry one, that's Wrath, yeah? And then Gluttony, obvi. Pride, Greed, Sloth, Lust, who I thought was gonna be way hotter, if I'm being honest. But that's only six. Where's lucky number seven? Where's little man? Where's Envy? Is he just scared...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Father Pirrone: Is Your Excellency here for confession?
- Prince Don Fabrizio Salina: Confession? It's not Saturday.
- Father Pirrone: Listen to me. Come to confession.
- Prince Don Fabrizio Salina: There's no need. You know it all already.
- Father Pirrone: The power of confession lies not only in telling our sins, but in repentance.”
“The reign of Christian terror is over. We're going back to our roots. We are porn again.”
“Bless me, Dave, for I have sinned.”
“Do not think that all sins go unpaid in this life, Montrose.”