Hugh Grant quotes
- Carrie: Why do you think it's called "honeymoon"?
- Charles: Um, I don't know... I suppose it's, uh, "honey" because it's sweet as honey, and "moon" because it's the first time a husband got to see his wife's bottom.
“What do you think of this? Too ornate? Or do you think it's... beltacular?”
“- Daniel Cleaver: Come on Bridget, we belong together: you, me, your little skirt. If I can't make it with you then I can't make it with anyone.
- Bridget Jones: That's not a good enough offer for me.”
“I've waited all my life to find someone I love as much as I love you. And I'm just not going to let this or anyone come between us.”
- George Sand: Forgive me. I'm a fraud, you know. "Divine mystery"? I never experienced that with anyone! Always had disastrous relationships. And I never manage to stay in love.
- Frederic Chopin: What?
- George Sand: I don't know. I want too much... I think. Except when I hear you play... and when I'm around you. Look... I simply want to be... (continue)(continue reading)
“- George Garrad: Can't be too careful in foreign climes.
- Reginald Anson: It's only Wales.
- George Garrad: It's still foreign!”
“When things are going well in Hollywood, it's absolutely delightful, if you like sycophancy.”
“- Charles: Yes, it's odd, isn't it? All these years we've been single and proud of it and never noticed that two of us were, in effect, married all this time.
- Tom: Traitors in our midst.”
“I find the key is to think of a day as units of time, each unit consisting of no more than thirty minutes. Full hours can be a little bit intimidating and most activities take about half an hour. Taking a bath: one unit, watching countdown: one unit, web-based research: two units, exercising: three units, having my hair carefully disheveled:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Half-Mole: I don't go down there.
- Dr. Guy Luthan: How do I know you're telling the truth?
- Half-Mole: You're still alive.”
“- Spike: There's something wrong with this yogurt.
- William Thacker: Ah, that's not yogurt, that's mayonnaise...
- Spike: Ah, right-o then. [continues to eat it]”
- William Thacker: Apart from the American, I've only loved two girls, both absolute disasters. The first one marries me and then leaves me faster than you can say "Indiana Jones", and the second one, who seriously ought to have known better, casually marries my best friend.
- Bella: She still loves you though.
- William Thacker: Yeah, in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“The sole excuse for a relationship between two men is that it remains purely platonic. Surely you agree to that.”
“- William Thacker: Is this your first film?
- 12-yr-old Actress: Well... actually it's my 22nd!
- William Thacker: Any favorites among the 22?
- 12-yr-old Actress: Working with Leonardo.
- William Thacker: DaVinci?
- 12-yr-old Actress: DiCaprio.
- William Thacker: Of course. And is... is he your favorite Italian director?”
“Once you open your door to one person anyone can come in.”
- Anna Scott: You said "whoopsidaisies".
- William Thacker: I don't think so. No one says "whoopsidaisies" do they? Unless they're...
- Anna Scott: There is no "unless". No one has said "whoopsidaisies" for fifty years and even then it was only little girls with blonde ringlets.
“- Frederic Chopin: I'm frightened.
- George Sand: Of me?
- Frederic Chopin: Certain acts are... unseemly. They are unsuitable.
- George Sand: Chopin... it's an act of love! It's the divine mystery itself!”