Hugh Grant quotes
“- Anna Scott: You know what they say about men with big feet.
- William Thacker: No, I don't, actually. What's that?
- Anna Scott: Big feet... large shoes.”
“- Gina Vitale: It's called 'The La Trattoria'.
- Michael Felgate: You mean 'La Trattoria'.
- Gina Vitale: No.
- Michael Felgate: 'The La Trattoria' means 'The The Trattoria'.”
“Is her instrument quite what it was? Perhaps not. But as Beethoven said, a few wrong notes may be forgiven, but singing without feeling cannot.”
“St Clair Bayfield-You are not strong enough, Bunny. What if it kills you?
Florence Foster Jenkins-Then I shall die happy.”
“Oh, you think that I didn't have ambition? I was a good actor. But I was never going to be a great actor. It was very very hard to admit that to myself. But once I had, I felt free from the tyranny of ambition. I started to live.”
- Carrie: Why do you think it's called "honeymoon"?
- Charles: Um, I don't know... I suppose it's, uh, "honey" because it's sweet as honey, and "moon" because it's the first time a husband got to see his wife's bottom.
“What do you think of this? Too ornate? Or do you think it's... beltacular?”
“- Daniel Cleaver: Come on Bridget, we belong together: you, me, your little skirt. If I can't make it with you then I can't make it with anyone.
- Bridget Jones: That's not a good enough offer for me.”
“I've waited all my life to find someone I love as much as I love you. And I'm just not going to let this or anyone come between us.”
- George Sand: Forgive me. I'm a fraud, you know. "Divine mystery"? I never experienced that with anyone! Always had disastrous relationships. And I never manage to stay in love.
- Frederic Chopin: What?
- George Sand: I don't know. I want too much... I think. Except when I hear you play... and when I'm around you. Look... I simply want to be... (continue)(continue reading)
“- George Garrad: Can't be too careful in foreign climes.
- Reginald Anson: It's only Wales.
- George Garrad: It's still foreign!”
“When things are going well in Hollywood, it's absolutely delightful, if you like sycophancy.”
“- Charles: Yes, it's odd, isn't it? All these years we've been single and proud of it and never noticed that two of us were, in effect, married all this time.
- Tom: Traitors in our midst.”
“I find the key is to think of a day as units of time, each unit consisting of no more than thirty minutes. Full hours can be a little bit intimidating and most activities take about half an hour. Taking a bath: one unit, watching countdown: one unit, web-based research: two units, exercising: three units, having my hair carefully disheveled:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Half-Mole: I don't go down there.
- Dr. Guy Luthan: How do I know you're telling the truth?
- Half-Mole: You're still alive.”
“- Spike: There's something wrong with this yogurt.
- William Thacker: Ah, that's not yogurt, that's mayonnaise...
- Spike: Ah, right-o then. [continues to eat it]”
- William Thacker: Apart from the American, I've only loved two girls, both absolute disasters. The first one marries me and then leaves me faster than you can say "Indiana Jones", and the second one, who seriously ought to have known better, casually marries my best friend.
- Bella: She still loves you though.
- William Thacker: Yeah, in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“The sole excuse for a relationship between two men is that it remains purely platonic. Surely you agree to that.”