Kristin A. Scott Thomas quotes
“- Mary: Remove this peasant from my party! Take his friend, too. I'm having trouble breathing.
- Christopher Tracy: Maybe if you took off your chastity belt, you could breathe a little more better!”
“- Annie MacLean: I've heard you help people with horse problems.
- Tom Booker: Truth is, I help horses with people problems.”
“We are the real countries. Not boundaries drawn on maps with the names of powerful men.”
“I don't want to have to be pretty. I don't want to have to be adorable.”
“People are all we’ve got. So grab the night by its nipples and go flirt with someone.”
“Women are born with pain built in. We carry it within ourselves. Men have to seek it out.”
“Here is a woman who's always tired, for she lives a life where too much is required.”
“Somebody's going to start talking right now, because if they don't tell me what I want to know by the time I count to five, I'm going to kill someone else.”
“- Almásy: I just wanted you to know: I'm not missing you yet.
- Katharine Clifton: You will.”
“- Clemmie: Are we terribly old?
- Winston Churchill: Yes, I'm afraid you are.
- Clemmie: Oh, you beast!”
“We had so many great days. Just not enough years.”
“- Clemmie: Let them see your true qualities, your lack of vanity.
- Winston Churchill: My poor judgment and my lying will.
- Clemmie: Your sense of humor.
- Winston Churchill: Ho, ho, ho.”
“- Christopher Tracy: I love you.
- Mary: No, you don't.
- Christopher Tracy: Then I hate you.
- Mary: No, you don't.
- Christopher Tracy: Then I love you.
- Mary: Define love.”
“- Grace MacLean: I've decided about Pilgrim.
- Annie MacLean: Oh.
- Grace MacLean: I think we should put him down. It's not fair to let him suffer.
- Annie MacLean: Well, I think that's a very...
- Grace MacLean: And maybe we should put me down too.”
“It's only adultery. Nobody gives a damn except the people it happens to.”
“We die. We die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we've entered and swum up like rivers. Fears we've hidden in - like this wretched cave.”
“- Sir Thomas Boleyn: Would a smile be too much to ask?
- Lady Elizabeth: What's there to smile about? I'm a mother of a child ordered to marry a girl he hates, another banished aboard in disgrace, and a third whoring in public with an adulteer.”
“- Kay Chandler: Do you know what happens when a member of Congress accuses you of harassment?
- Dutch Van Den Broeck: We'd get our names in the newspapers?
- Kay Chandler: That's close to blackmail!”
“I am so bored with seeing stories about a mature man of 65 falling in love with a beautiful girl of 32.”
“- Lt. A.K. Waters: Our report said the entire presidential family was executed.
- Arthur Azuka: Your report was incorrect.”
“- Christopher Tracy: It's no fun to depend on other people for rides.
- Mary: Especially not when you're used to taking them for rides the way you do.”
“- Annie MacLean: I had a hard time finding the place. There are no signs.
- Tom Booker: Oh, there are plenty of signs. Just not many of them printed.”
“When was it that people stopped thinking of ambition as a sin and started thinking of it as a virtue?”
“That's what I've wanted: to walk in such a place with you. With friends, on an earth without maps.”