Science quotes164 science quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“In order for life to have appeared spontaneously on Earth, there first had to be hundreds of millions of protein molecules of the ninth configuration. But given the size of the planet Earth, do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the two hundred and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: It was an immenseproject. I was to extract 1 decagram of myelin from 4 tons of earth worms.
- Dr. Sullivan: Really!
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: Yes. I was on the project for 5 years. I was the only one who believed in it. Everyone else said it couldn't be done.
- Dr. Kaufman: It can't.
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: I know that now. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Aitch: With this pill, they say you take it and that's it. Your hair don't grow, you don't go bald, it stays the same. You have your hair cut once, in whatever style you want, and it stays like that for the rest of your natural life. It's completely revolutionary.
- Jackie: What if you get fed up with your style, you berk?
- Aitch: Well,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A creationist can embarrass an evolutionist by asking for a definition of species.”
“In science fiction, you create your own reality.”
“In our relations with other people, we mainly discuss and evaluate their character and behavior. That is why I have withdrawn from nearly all so-called relations. This has made my old age rather lonely. My life has been full of hard work and I am grateful. It began as toil for bread and butter and ended in a love of science.”
“Prepare your minds for a new scale of scientific values, gentlemen.”
“There are no enemies in science, only phenomena to be studied.”
“- Elwood P. Dowd: You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.
- Dr. Chumley: Fly specks, fly specks! I've been spending my life among fly specks while miracles have been leaning on lampposts at 18th and Fairfax!”
“I came for science. I'm leaving 'cause of witches. Welcome to the new dark ages!”
“- Gus: I am told his product was more or less consistent with the quality I come to expect.
- Walter White: More or less? More or less, really? Wow. Boy this... Talk about setting the bar low. Except you don't do that, set the bar low. Therefore, what conclusion am I left to draw? That you believe I have some proprietary kind of selfishness...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Seurat confounds painting with science. He's lost himself in optical experiments. There's nothing more to expect from Renoir, Degas, Monet. They repeat themselves. They've given everything they could give.”
“I’m a religious woman, there’s no question, but I have also been to medical school. And, well, you can say that I hold science in one hand and God in the other, and that is not always an easy balance.”
“I don't even know what hydrogen is.”
“Science is all about playing God. Sometimes God doesn't play so nice.”
“- Charlie Holloway: I guess you can take your father’s cross off now.
- Elizabeth Shaw: Why would I wanna do that?
- Charlie Holloway: Because they made us.
- Elizabeth Shaw: And who made them?
- Charlie Holloway: Well, exactly. We’ll never know. But here’s what we do know. That there is nothing special about the creation of life. Right? Anybody...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nathan: I understand that you want me to explain how Ava works, but I'm sorry. I'm not gonna be able to do that.
- Caleb: Try me. I'm hot on high-level abstraction.
- Nathan: It's not 'cause I think you're too dumb. It's 'cause I want to have a beer and a conversation with you, not a seminar.”