Psychiatry quotes66 psychiatry quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to be a psychiatrist. Eventually I became an actor so I guess it's a little bit of both.”
“Steve's about as psychic as a ham sandwich.”
“- Frank Capella: Do you ever watch wrestling, Ray?
- Ray: Sure. I mean you know, now and then.
- Frank Capella: Because this is just like wrestling.
- Ray: How?
- Frank Capella: Well it's reality, mixed with illusion, mixed with bullshit, mixed with... big scary guys from parts unknown, in dire need of psychiatric care.”
“Dr.Linda Freeman-Have you ever been in therapy before?
Charlie Harper-Does massage therapy count?
“Hamlet was made for Freud. Not you.”
“We're trying to save women from getting pulled into vans and cut to pieces, not crucify some schoolmarm who hasn't done anything.”
“Butchering people is hard work. Physically and mentally. I don't think people realize. You need to vent.”
“It's a riddle, but it can be solved. It's complex, but it's human.”
“As an alienist, I treat mental and emotional disorders in my patients, and I try to alleviate their condition. I do not presume to cure them.”
“- Lt. Barney Greenwald: Doctor, you have testified that the following symptoms exist in Lieutenant Commander Queeg's behavior: rigidity of personality, feelings of persecution, unreasonable suspicion, a mania for perfection, and a neurotic certainty that he is always in the right. Doctor, isn't there one psychiatric term for this illness?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Johnny Farrell: From now on, you go anywhere you please, with anyone you please. But, I'm gonna take you there and I'm gonna pick you up and bring you home. Get that? Exactly the way I'd - take and pick up his laundry.
- Gilda: Shame on you, Johnny. Any psychiatrist would tell you that your thought associations are very revealing.”
“- Dr. Alex Brulov: And how do you know what his real character is?
- Constance Petersen: I know. I know.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: She knows. This is the way science goes backward. Who told you what he is? Freud?, or a crystal ball?”
“Women make the best psychoanalysts until they fall in love. After that they make the best patients.”
“- Nurse Marino: She was in a group therapy session.
- Teddy Daniels: Huh. Anything unusual occur?
- Nurse Marino: This is a mental institution, Marshal, for the criminally insane. Usual isn’t a big part of our day.”