Psychiatry quotes56 psychiatry quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to be a psychiatrist. Eventually I became an actor so I guess it's a little bit of both.”
“Steve's about as psychic as a ham sandwich.”
“- Lt. Barney Greenwald: Doctor, you have testified that the following symptoms exist in Lieutenant Commander Queeg's behavior: rigidity of personality, feelings of persecution, unreasonable suspicion, a mania for perfection, and a neurotic certainty that he is always in the right. Doctor, isn't there one psychiatric term for this illness?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Johnny Farrell: From now on, you go anywhere you please, with anyone you please. But, I'm gonna take you there and I'm gonna pick you up and bring you home. Get that? Exactly the way I'd - take and pick up his laundry.
- Gilda: Shame on you, Johnny. Any psychiatrist would tell you that your thought associations are very revealing.”
“- Dr. Alex Brulov: And how do you know what his real character is?
- Constance Petersen: I know. I know.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: She knows. This is the way science goes backward. Who told you what he is? Freud?, or a crystal ball?”
“Women make the best psychoanalysts until they fall in love. After that they make the best patients.”
“- Nurse Marino: She was in a group therapy session.
- Teddy Daniels: Huh. Anything unusual occur?
- Nurse Marino: This is a mental institution, Marshal, for the criminally insane. Usual isn’t a big part of our day.”
- Florence "Chicklet" Forrest: She says when she comes to she doesn't really remember anything that happened, but... she thinks when she's out, she's really out, I mean, like out of her bird. Well, what do you think?
- Starcat: It's not professional to give an instant diagnosis, but I'd say she's probably suffering from morbidly psychotic... (continue)(continue reading)
- I'm Only Creative When I Smoke Smoker: Would you like to hear some of my poetry?
- Thurgood Jenkins: Not really, no.
- I'm Only Creative When I Smoke Smoker: You really should. "I have killed. I have helped kill. I have killed part of myself. I cannot change this. I... I must seek Buddha. I must seek Christ".
- Thurgood Jenkins: You must seek... (continue)(continue reading)
- Abby: I said, "Marty, how come you're anal, and I gotta go to the psychiatrist?".
- Ray: What'd he say?
- Abby: Nothing.
“He was my patient for fifteen years. He became an obsession with me until I realized that there was nothing within him, neither conscious nor reason that was... even remotely human. An hourago I stood up and fired six shots into him and then he just got up and walked away. I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!”
“In the '50's everybody went to a psychiatrist because if you didn't, you'd have nothing to talk about at cocktail parties.”
“Well, my brother was a schizophrenic, so I understood it in a different way from seeing my brother.”
“The psychiatrists turned up to check us for signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Turned out they were more strung-out than we were.”
“- Frank Capella: Do you ever watch wrestling, Ray?
- Ray: Sure. I mean you know, now and then.
- Frank Capella: Because this is just like wrestling.
- Ray: How?
- Frank Capella: Well it's reality, mixed with illusion, mixed with bullshit, mixed with... big scary guys from parts unknown, in dire need of psychiatric care.”