“Murphy's Romance” quotes(1985)
Plot – A 33-year-old woman decides her marriage is over, moving with her young son to a small town. There she meets a widower, who's impatient and a little misogynist, but eventually they become good friends. When her husband reaches her, the woman has to choose between the two men.
All actors – Sally Field, James Garner, Brian Kerwin, Corey Haim, Dennis Burkley, Georgann Johnson, Dortha Duckworth, Michael Prokopuk, Billy Ray Sharkey, Michael Crabtree, Anna Levine, Charles Laneshow all
“Murphy's Romance” Quotes 8 quotes
“- Murphy Jones: You are a miserable little son of a bitch, you know that? I don't know why she took you in the house... I'd bed you down with the dogs! And I'll tell you something else, mister, you may be a lot younger and stronger, but you're about to get your ass kicked from here to the state line... and I'm wearin' the boots that can do it!
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Murphy Jones: I'm in love for the last time in my life.
- Emma Moriarity: I'm in love for the first time in my life.”
“I'm a widower. That's like catnip to a cat, in a town where the ladies outnumber you ten to one.”
“- Bobby Jack Moriarty: I think you're banging Emma?
- Murphy Jones: Banging? That's an ugly expression for that particular pleasure.
- Bobby Jack Moriarty: How about fucking?
- Murphy Jones: I don't like that one a whole alot better! And, if I was, it would be none of your concern.”
“- Emma Moriarity: Stay to supper, Murphy?
- Murphy Jones: I won't do that unless I'm still here at breakfast.
- Emma Moriarity: How do you like your eggs?”
“- Bobby Jack Moriarty: Does everybody have to put their head down and slog?
- Emma Moriarity: Most people do.”