Sally Field quotes
“Everyone has a part of themselves they hide. Even from the people they love most.”
“- Murphy Jones: I'm in love for the last time in my life.
- Emma Moriarity: I'm in love for the first time in my life.”
“I don't care what it takes. I don't care if it kills me. I don't care if it kills you. I'm not going to give up. And if the two of you do, you can go straight to hell.”
“Well, when I asked him how I was going to die, he said my intestines were going to clog up and I would puke myself to death. Which turns out to be true, but I figure for $275 a visit I deserved a little bit better bedside manner than that.”
“- Reverend Hubbard: We're gonna miss your voice in the choir, Norma.
- Norma Rae: You're gonna hear it raised up someplace else.”
“There are these irresponsible people who sell addresses. You can buy a magazine today — I'd like to go and shoot these people myself! — with celebrities' home addresses in it. It's a scary world.”
“- Carrie: You have a great profile.
- Bandit: Yeah, I do, don't I? Especially from the side.
- Carrie: Well, at least we agree on something.
- Bandit: Yeah. We both like half of my face.”
“- Carrie: That is it for you! You have had it! You're hooked! You're a fame junkie! They should give you intravenous feedings of People magazine and National Enquirer headlines! And if you're a real good boy, they'll give you a Tonight Show enema!
- 'Bandit': What is the matter?
- Carrie: And if you weren't so dumb, they'd put you on Cross-Wits!”
“- Megan Carter: I am free every night this week but Friday.
- Michael Colin Gallagher: How about Friday?
- Megan Carter: Okay!”
“I once told you that secrets have a cost. The truth does too.”
“- Mama Lil: You got a man?
- Novalee Nation: No.
- Mama Lil: This isn't one of them artificial spermanation things, is it?
- Novalee Nation: No.
- Mama Lil: Then where is the prick who put you in this mess?
- Novalee Nation: California.
- Mama Lil: That figures. All the pricks move to California. They oughta call it Prickafornia.”
“When you're old, you are more certain of who you are, and that may be a good thing or a bad thing.”
“It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.”
“You just do the best you can with what you've got... and sometimes magic strikes.”
“- Emma Moriarity: Stay to supper, Murphy?
- Murphy Jones: I won't do that unless I'm still here at breakfast.
- Emma Moriarity: How do you like your eggs?”
“- Celeste Talbert: I never said I was the best mother in the world. Give me a little credit, will you? Credit for being someone who tried to love you the only way she knew how.
- Lori Craven: I know that speech.
- Celeste Talbert: You do?
- Lori Craven: Yeah, it was the Thanksgiving show, when Maggie meets Bolt's blind nephew.”
“- Celeste Whitman: That prayer you did up there... what religion would that be?
- Captain Stefan Svevo: Greek Orthodox.
- Celeste Whitman: No kidding? I'm Greek Orthodox... suddenly!”
“I don't make love before the first date.”
“- Carrie: Actually, my heaviest relationship was with an acid-rocksinger... named Robert Crumly. We were together, oh, eight-and-a-half days. God, I really thought that was it.
- Bandit: And?
- Carrie: One day, I came home and found him in the shower... with a girl... and her mother!
- Bandit: Well, at least he kept it in the family.”
“- Robert Doob: What are you gonna do? Shoot me?
- Karen McCann: You broke into my house with the intent to do me bodily harm. The law says I have the right to protect myself.”
“Curiosity killed the dog.”