“Coming to America” quotes(1988)
Plot – Akeem is the heir to the throne of an utopian and rich little state in Africa. His father has already arranged his marriage to a submissive local girl. However Akeem, Western-educated, wants a woman who loves him for his personality and not for his social position. For this reason, he goes to America where he pretends to be a poor student. While he works as a counterman in a fast food restaurant, he conquers the daughter of the wealthy owner, even if she's already engaged to an arrogant "daddy's boy". The jokes about the habits of the black people and of the Yankees are hilarious.
All actors – Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, John Amos, Madge Sinclair, Shari Headley, Paul Bates, Eriq La Salle, Frankie Faison, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Louie Anderson, Allison Dean, Sheila Johnson, Jake Steinfeld, Calvin Lockhart, Samuel L. Jackson, Feather, Stephanie Simon, Garcelle Beauvais, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Elaine Kagan, Don Ameche, Ralph Bellamy, Clint Smith, Victoria Dillard, Felicia Taylor, Midori, Raymond D. Turner, Billi Gordon, Cuba Gooding Jr., Uncle Ray Murphy, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Paulette Banoza, Clyde Jones, Patricia Matthews, Mary Bond Davis, Kara Young, Karen Owens, Sharon Owens, Lisa Gumora, June Boykins, Janette Colon, Vanessa Colon, Monique Mannen, Mindora Mimms, Cynthia Finkley, David Sosna, Arthur Adams, Loni Kaye Harkless, Montrose Hagins, Tonja Rivers, Michael Tadross, Steve White, Helen Hanft, Birdie M. Hale, Jim Abrahams, Leah Aldridge, Aurorah Allain, Paula Brown, Dwayne Chattman, Stephanie Clark, Robin Dimension, Shaun Earl, Carla Earle, Eric L. Ellis, Sharon Ferrol-Young, Eric D. Henderson, Gigi Hunter, Debra Johnson, Tanya Lynne Lee, Jimmy Locust, Donna M. Perkins, Dionne Rockhold, Gina Consuela Rose, Randolph Scott, Robbin Tasha-Ford, Jerald Vincent, Eyan Williams, Roy Milton Davis, Dorian DeMichele, Alison Gordy, Nick Savage, Scott Shepherdshow all
“Coming to America” Quotes 20 quotes
“This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?”
“She's your Queen-to-be. A Queen-to-be forever. A Queen who'll do whatever his highness desires. She's your Queen-to-be. A vision of perfection. An object of affection to quench your royal fire. Completely free from infection. To be used at your discretion. Waiting only for your direction. Your Queen-to-be.”
- Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.
- Cleo McDowell: Son, I'm only going to tell you this one time.
- Prince Akeem: Yes?
- Cleo McDowell: If you want to keep working here,... (continue)(continue reading)
“Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit.”
“If lovin' the lord is wrong, I don't want to be right.”
“- Prince Akeem: Sir, where can one go to find nice women here?
- Clarence: You gotta get out and look, they ain't just gonna fall on your lap.
- Semmi: We've been to every bar in Queens.
- Clarence: Well, that's where you messed up, son, you can't go to no bar to find a nice woman. You gotta go to a nice place, a quiet place like a library,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Listen, I know what I like, and I know you know what I like, because you were trained to know what I like, but I would like to know, what do you like?”
“- Clarence: I met Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. one time.
- Sweets: Man, you lyin'. You ain't never met no Martin Luther the King.”
“So you see, my son, there is a very fine line between love and nausea.”
“I want a woman that will arouse my intellect as well as my loins.”
“Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Prince Akeem: But when I marry, I want the woman to love me for who I am, not because of what I am.
- King Jaffe Joffer: And who are you?
- Prince Akeem: I am a man who has never tied his own shoes before!
- - King Jaffe Joffer: Wrong. You are a prince who has never tied his shoes. Believe me. I tied my own shoes once. It is an overrated...” (continue)(continue reading)