Christianity quotes52 christianity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I hate these Catholic countries. It's all blushy-blushy and no sucky-fucky.”
“Blame the Catholic church for not letting me wear one of those little rubber things... Oh they've done some wonderful things in their time, they preserved the might and majesty, even the mystery of the Church of Rome, the sanctity of the sacrament and the indivisible oneness of the Trinity, but if they'd let me wear one of the little rubber...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Oscar Wilde: After three days in hell, Jesus rose from the dead, broke open his tomb, discarded his cerements and took his place forever in the heart of man. After 700 days of hard labour, my tomb is opened. I have tiptoed to the boattrain and am born again through him, with him and in France.
- Robert Robbie Ross: Very good, Oscar. We'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- David Grant: Where's your family?
- Kate Grant: Oh, they're over in the Catholic cemetery. Catholics wouldn't be caught dead around all these damn Lutherans.”
“If we're going to insist that a Christian's right to believe is subordinate to all the rights, then it's not a right!”
“These are some of the poorest people I know. They're more broke than the Ten Commandments.”
“The path of mercy. That means only that you abandon self. No one should interfere with another man's spirit. To help others is the way of the Buddha and your way, too. The two religions are the same in this. It is not necessary to win anyone over to one side or another when there is so much to share.”
“If you strive to do good, then you're a Christian. If you don't seek to hurt or betray others, you're a Christian. If you're true to yourself and treat others as you'd have them treat you, you're a Christian. The more a person parades their Christianity for the benefit of other, the less I'm inclined to trust the Christianity they claim to bring.”
“- Catholic Clergyman: Christ is more properly referred to as the son of God.
- Eddie Mannix: Not sure I follow, Padre.
- Rabbi: Young man, you don't follow for a very simple reason; these men are screwballs. God has children? What, and a dog? A collie, maybe? God doesn't have children. He's a bachelor. And very angry.
- Protestant Clergyman: He...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It behooves both the Jews and the Arabs to settle their differences in a Christian manner!”
“I do believe in anything, provided it is incredible. That's why I intend to die a Catholic, though I never could live as one.”
“- Cooper Harris: Check this out! I'm the Pope!
- Scott Thomas: Cooper, take off the Pope hat!
- Cooper Harris: Oh no, it's okay, I'm Catholic.”
This is America, and we're Christians here - aside from a few Jewish people who were just born that way - and I can tell you one thing: Jesus Christ and his apostles were certainly not into "man-on-man action", which is how they describe it on their porno videos, which, I am proud to say, Blockbuster does not carry. Um, I work there and it's... (continue)(continue reading)
I'm a Catholic, which is the best of all the religions, really, because we have the most rules. And the best clothes. But among us, there is also a Buddhist, agnostic, we have a Baptist, and we have a "I don't know", which seems to be the fastest growing religion in the world. And now, we have "I think I'm Jewish", which is a new one for the... (continue)(continue reading)
“Every kid that goes to Catholic school believes he's going to be a priest one day.”
“I've never hidden my Christianity in Hollywood, and I've been handled respectfully.”
“It's Good Friday. Have a Bloody Mary.”
- Libby: I feel like I've grown these past six years.
- Margaret: "Grown"? Honey, they don't want to hear that you've turned into some kind of tree, okay? So you just repeat after me, "If I could tradeplaces with my husband, I would".
- Libby: Ugh. "If I could tradeplaces with my husband, I would".
- Evelyn: That's good. Now, throw in a lot of... (continue)(continue reading)
- Jack McDermott: What about dinner? Who's gonna get us our dinner?
- Billy Caufield: "Who's gonna get us our...". Aren't you the same guy who changed water into wine? Huh? J.C.? Ain't the son of god good for a burger in his town? You get us something!
- Jack McDermott: That's not funny. You're a very disturbed young man.
- Billy Caufield: Man... (continue)(continue reading)