Jane Seymour Fonda quotes
“- Turner Kendall: Never did see that damn trick done right.
- Alex Sternbergen: And you never will.
- Turner Kendall: Whatever makes you happy.
- Alex Sternbergen: You, oh you make me happy.”
“God, for two people to be able to live together for the rest of their lives is almost unnatural.”
“When a legend grows up around a man there is often no means of pruning it, even within his family.”
“People think actresses find public-speaking easy, and it's not easy at all; we're used to hiding behind masks.”
“- Rachel: You don't look evil.
- Georgia: Make-up helps.”
“- Man: Hallie, Hallie Martin! We met in New York, remember?
- Hallie: Did we like each other?”
“- Viola Fields: Marriage is a sacred union which must only be entered with the utmost care.
- Charlie: Weren't you married four times?”
“- Hubbell Smith: I've been worried about you.
- Lee Winters: How are you?
- Hubbell Smith: Like everybody else. Looking for a way to begin again.
- Lee Winters: You're gonna need a partner.”
“Human beings really know how to be pathetic when they try to, huh?”
“- Kimberly Wells: He's good, I think he's good. He's won a lot of awards.
- Don Jacovich: I'm sure. Hothead award, Foulmouth award, Can-of-worms award...”
“Why do they call it a good cry? All it does is make you look like hell. And what's missing is still missing.”
“- Franklin Hart, Jr.: I'm not such a bad guy!
- Judy Bernly: You're a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.
- Franklin Hart, Jr.: So I have a few faults; who doesn't?”
“- Alex Sternbergen: I've got to call Jackie, maybe he calls help. He's smart, he knows the people that are in charge.
- Turner Kendall: In charge of what?
- Alex Sternbergen: Everything. The world.”
“- Luke Martin: Turn the light on. I want to see you.
- Sally Hyde: What do I do?
- Luke Martin: Everything. I want you to do everything.
- Sally Hyde: Where can I touch you? Where can you - where can you feel?
- Luke Martin: It's nice. I'm real sensitive, in all areas that I feel - real sensitive.
- Sally Hyde: Can you feel that at all?
- Luke...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Arnold: How many lies have I told?
- Georgia: Oh, please. You're a lawyer!”
“- Corie Bratter: My divorce! When do I get my divorce?
- Paul Bratter: How should I know? The marriage license hasn't even come in yet!”
“Everybody knows that when a woman marries a man she marries his mother, too. What if I drive her crazy?”
“- Cat Ballou: Mrs. Parker didn't introduce us, I'm Catherine Ballou.
- Jed: I'm drunk as a skunk.”
“- Violet Newstead: One thing you should know about dear old Roz... she's the eyes, ears, nose, and throat of Mr. Hart. Anything she hears, he hears.
- Judy Bernly: You mean she's a... a company spy?
- Violet Newstead: I wouldn't exactly say that, I'd just say that if you want to gossip in the ladies' room, I'd check under the stalls, first, for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lilly: There was a time you'd have dragged me by my hair out of here for drinking.
- Georgia: I'm too old. So's your hair.”
“- Doctor Martha Livingston: Suppose the saints would have smoked if tobacco'd been popular back then?
- Mother Miriam Ruth: Undoubtably. Not the ascetics, of course, but, well, St. Thomas More.
- Doctor Martha Livingston: Long, thin, and filtered!
- Mother Miriam Ruth: St. Ignatius would smokecigars and then stub them out on the soles of his...” (continue)(continue reading)