Tommy Lee Jones quotes
“The greatest measure of the Nineteenth Century. Passed by corruption, aided and abetted by the purest man in America.”
“- Jay: I know you're a little scared. And I'm gonna keep it real with you, I'm a little scared too.
- Kay: I'm not scared.
- Jay: Me neither. I just thought we was bonding.”
“Listen up, ladies and gentlemen, our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doolittle Lynn: Mr. Webb, me and Loretta are fixin' to get married, if it's alright with you.
- Ted Webb: Go ask Clary.
- Doolittle Lynn: Mrs. Webb, me and Loretta is thinkin' about gettin' married tomorrow.
- 'Clary' Webb: Go ask Ted.
- Loretta Lynn: Doolittle, what are you doin'?
- Doolittle Lynn: Ted says go ask Clary; Clary says go ask Ted...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kay: We do not discharge our weapons in view of the public!
- Jay: We ain't got time for this cover-up bullshit! I don't know whether or not you've forgotten, but there's an Arquillian Battle Cruiser that's about to...
- Kay: There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Loretta Lynn: Dadgum it, Doo! You never ask me nothing! You just say, "Hey baby, here's the deal, take it or leave it". Well, it's drivin' me crazy, Doo!
- Doolittle Lynn: Well, hell, then let's go up to the house, call a lawyer and get a divorce. I'm tired of this bullshit.
- Loretta Lynn: I don't want no divorce! I just want the dadgum... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Casey Ryback: What made you flip like this?
- William Strannix: I got tired of coming up with last-minute desperate solutions to impossible problems created by other fucking people.
- Casey Ryback: All of your ridiculouspitiful antics aren't gonna change a thing. You and me, we're puppets in the same sick game. We serve the same master, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hodges: You ever had a pissed-off Marine on your ass?
- Sokal: Is that a threat?
- Hodges: Oh, yes, sir.”
“- Frank Corvin: You know what the worst day of my life was? The day Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. I was probably the only person in America who wanted to commit suicide that day.
- Hawk Hawkins: Well, thanks a lot Frank. We haven't spoken in twelve years and that's basically been the big question on my mind, what could make you commit...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Count Von Rittenberg: Captain Hayes!
- Captain Bully Hayes: Admiral!
- Count Von Rittenberg: Count!
- Captain Bully Hayes: Whatever!”
“- Riddler: You're ruining my big party! Are you insane?
- Two-Face: Just waiting for you to deliver the Batman, dear boy.
- Riddler: Patience, oh bifurcated one!
- Two-Face: Patience is hell! We want him dead!
- Riddler: Well, you could have let me in on the caper. We could have organized this, planned it... pre-sold the movie rights.”
“Trust? Gentlemen, you seem to have forgotten that our chosen career is politics.”
“- Tom Breaker: Bill, if this is about reliving the 60's, you can forget about it, buddy. The movement is dead.
- William Strannix: Yes, of course! Hence the name: movement. It moves a certain distance, then it stops, you see? A revolution gets its name by always coming back around in your face. You tried to kill me you son of a bitch... so...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Mr. Preston, this operation will be a failure if we all die!”
“Rules of engagement: one, whoever sees the other person first is the winner; two, whoever gets seen first is toast.”