Plot – Claudia Draper is a prostitute who comes from a wealthy family and is accused of murder, risking a 25 years sentence. In order to save her from the heavy sentence, the family relies on a talented lawyer. Claudia is declared incapable of discernment and interned in a psychiatric institution, from which she will get out after a few years. As the woman gets rid of the polished defender, she's entrusted to a public one, Aaron Levinsky, who however sees in her a keen intelligence and the ability to collaborate in her defense. Claudia cooperates in fact regardless of any possible legal technicality, revealing a rugged family hinterland, made of Freudian tones due to which she conducts a squalid lifestyle, and telling her lawyer the intolerable demands of the murdered client who unleashed her deadly reaction.
All actors – Barbra Streisand, Richard Dreyfuss, Maureen Stapleton, Karl Malden, Eli Wallach, Robert Webber, James Whitmore, Leslie Nielsen, William Prince, Dakin Matthews, Paul Benjamin, Warren Manzishow all
“Nuts” Quotes 17 quotes
“You want to know what I do for a living? Ask me. My time is very expensive, Mr. MacMillan. Probably more than yours. I get 500 dollars an hour. How much do you get? I get four-hundred dollars for a straight lay, three-hundred for a hand job, and five-hundred for head. If you want to wear my panties, that's another hundred.”
“Sometimes people love you so much their love is like a goddamn gun that keeps firing straight into your head. They love you so much you go right into a hospital.”
“- Francis MacMillan: Do you believe Dr. Morrison is acting out of a personal motive?
- Claudia Draper: No, I'm sure he believes what he believes. He thinks whores are girls who hang out on 8th Avenue and stick needles in their arms. He knows whores aren't nice white girls from nice white families. He knows that just as sure as he knows his wife...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Francis MacMillan: Did you exchange your jewels and furs for food at the supermarket?
- Claudia Draper: Now isn't that silly?
- Francis MacMillan: Well, did you?
- Claudia Draper: No.
- Francis MacMillan: Well, then how'd you pay for your food? I assume you didn't live on caviar.”
“- Dr. Herbert A. Morrison: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- Claudia Draper: Not unless there's Thorazine in it.
- Dr. Herbert A. Morrison: Sorry, only milk and sugar.
- Claudia Draper: Pass.”
“I know women who marry men they despise so they can drive a Mercedes and spend summers in the Hamptons.”
“I know women who crawl through shit for a fur coat.”
“I am talking about taking your body to heaven and sending your mind south. I'm talking about spoiling you so bad you'll hate every other woman you touch. I'm talking about my mouth on your mouth, and my tongue anywhere you want it. I'm talking about indulging your every fantasy, and then giving you those fantasies one by one. Just for you. All...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Claudia Draper: Now, you talk to me and pretend I'm sane, okay?
- Aaron Levinsky: Okay.
- Claudia Draper: And I'll do the same for you.”
- Francis MacMillan: You don't believe your mother loves you?
- Claudia Draper: God, of course, she loves me. She told you that. Didn't you hear her? He wrote it down. Now you stand up there asking, "Do you love your daughter?". And she says, "Yes, I love my daughter". And you think you've asked something real? And she thinks she said something... (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't trust people who can hurt me, not anymore.”