“- Sarah: Love doesn't end just because we don't see each other.
- Maurice Bendrix: Doesn't it?
- Sarah: People go on loving God, don't they? All their lives. Without seeing him.
- Maurice Bendrix: That's not my kind of love.
- Sarah: Maybe there is no other kind.”
“The End of the Affair” quotes(1999)
Plot – Henry Miles is a monotonous man and his marriage is flat too. At a party his wife Sarah meets Maurice Bendrix, a successful writer with a great charm, and they start a passionate relationship, meeting very often clandestinely. When the war starts, the city is attacked and Sarah and Maurice remain together.
All actors – Ralph Fiennes, Stephen Rea, Julianne Moore, Heather-Jay Jones, James Bolam, Ian Hart, Sam Bould, Cyril Shaps, Penny Morrell, Simon Fisher-Turner, Jason Isaacs, Deborah Findlay, Nicholas Hewetson, Jack McKenzie, Nic Mainshow all
“The End of the Affair” Quotes 11 quotes
“You see I never stopped loving you, even though I couldn't see you.”
“I had tempted fate, and fate had accepted.”
“- Maurice Bendrix: I'm jealous of this button.
- Sarah Miles: Poor, innocent button.
- Maurice Bendrix: It's not innocent at all. It's with you all day. I'm not.
- Sarah Miles: I suppose you're jealous of my shoes?
- Maurice Bendrix: Yes.
- Sarah Miles: Why?
- Maurice Bendrix: Because they'll take you away from me.”
“To be is to be perceived.”
“- Sarah: Are you on a new book?
- Maurice Bendrix: Of course.
- Sarah: It's not about us, is it? The one you threatened to write?
- Maurice Bendrix: A book takes a year to write. It's too hard work for revenge.
- Sarah: If only you knew how little you had to revenge.
- Maurice Bendrix: I'm joking. We are adults. We knew it had to end some time.”
“I've only made two promises in my life. One was to marry Henry, the other is to stop seeing you. And I'm too weak to keep either.”