Ralph Fiennes quotes
“Every night I cut out my heart. But in the morning it was full again.”
“Tell me this Moses, tell me this: why is it that every time you start something, I'm the one who ends up in trouble?”
“Second born, second place!”
“I will not be dictated to, I will not be threatened. I am the morning and evening star, I am Pharaoh!”
“- Rameses: Come on, Moses, admit it. You've always looked up to me.
- Moses: Yes, but it's not much of a view!”
“- Ben Emmerson: Why did you keep her in a state of distress for a year before you brought charges?
- Ken Macdonald: The services wanted to make an example of her. If we'd dropped the case any earlier, what kind of messages would that have sent?
- Ben Emmerson: Do me a favour, Ken. Go and fish somewhere else.”
“Following orders is not a defense to a war crime.”
“- M. Gustave: The beginning of the end of the end of the beginning has begun. A sad finale played off-key on a broken-down saloon piano in the outskirts of a forgotten ghosttown. I'd rather not bear witness to such blasphemy.
- Zero: Me neither.
- M. Gustave: The Grand Budapest has become a troops' barracks. I shall never cross its threshold...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- M. Gustave: She was dynamite in the sack, by the way.
- Zero: ...She was 84, Monsieur Gustave.
- M. Gustave: Mmm, I've had older. When you're young, it's all filet steak, but as the years go by, you have to move on to the cheap cuts. Which is fine with me, because I like those. More flavorful, or so they say.”
“- Lenny Nero: Are we still friends?
- Mace: I don't know Lenny. You see, friendship is more than one person constantly doing favors for another.”
“Don't you turn your back on me, Harry Potter! I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the light leave your eyes!”
“- Sarah: Love doesn't end just because we don't see each other.
- Maurice Bendrix: Doesn't it?
- Sarah: People go on loving God, don't they? All their lives. Without seeing him.
- Maurice Bendrix: That's not my kind of love.
- Sarah: Maybe there is no other kind.”
“- Almásy: Could I have a cigarette?
- Hana: Are you crazy?
- Almásy: Why... why are you so determined to keep me alive?
- Hana: Because I'm a nurse.”
“Do you want to know what really happened thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, it provided him with the ultimate protection, I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen.”
“Never give up your religion. Not for God. God is present in all religions. But if your life becomes a struggle for acceptance, you'll always be unhappy.”
“- M: I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick, Max. We're going to stop this system going online, and then I'm going to bring you in.
- C: On what grounds, exactly?
- M: Poor taste in friends.”
“- Alfred Pennyworth: Were you looking at the old family pictures again?
- Batman: At the what? The old family... Oh, yes! I see what you mean. Look at that! The old gang. Yeah. No, I wasn't.
- Alfred Pennyworth: I see. Sir, if you don't mind my saying, I'm a little concerned. I've seen you go through similar phases in 2016 and 2012 and 2008 and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Almásy: I just wanted you to know: I'm not missing you yet.
- Katharine Clifton: You will.”