Brad Pitt quotes
“I'm steady, calm. I slept well, no bad dreams. I am active and engaged. I'm aware of my surroundings and those in my immediate sphere. I'm attentive. I am focused on the essentials, to the exclusion of all else. I'm unsure of the future but I'm not concerned. I will rely on those closest to me, and I will share their burdens, as they share mine....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.”
“- Westray: I'm perfectly willing to believe you had nothing to do with this but I'm not the party you have to convince.
- Counselor: Convince of what, for Christ sake?
- Westray: That this is some sort of coincidence. Because they don't really believe in coincidences. They've heard of them. They've just never seen one.”
“- Mills: Wait, I thought all you did was kill innocent people.
- John Doe: Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up; a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him; a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We reached the Mediterranean. I wanted those waters to be blue, but they were black, nighttime waters, and how I suffered then, straining to recall the color that in my youth I had taken for granted.”
“The three terrible karmas are beauty, wealth, and fame — they're the things that stop you from finding true happiness.”
“- Heinrich Harrer: The absolute simplicity. That's what I love. When you're climbing your mind is clear and free from all confusions. You have focus. And suddenly the light becomes sharper, the sounds are richer and you're filled with the deep, powerful presence of life. I've only felt that one other time.
- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: When?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a richwine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lt. Aldo Raine: Are you going to take off your uniform?
- Pvt. Butz: Not only shall I remove it, I intend to burn it.
- Lt. Aldo Raine: Yeah, that's what we thought. We don't like that. You see, we like our Nazis in uniform. That way you can spot 'em just like that. But you take off that uniform, ain't no one ever gonna know you were a Nazi.”
“America is not a country. It's a business.”
“So much time to question oneself is... not good.”
“Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able.”
“If you're not confused, you don't know what's going on.”
“- Tristan: Samuel, God bless you. You are good at everything you try to do. I'm sure it'll be the same with fucking.
- Samuel: Tristan, really. We're talking about my future wife.
- Tristan: Oh, you're not gonna fuck her?
- Samuel: No!
- Tristan: No?
- Samuel: No! I'm planning to be with her.
- Tristan: I recommend fucking.”
“- Heinrich Harrer: You have to leave. You have to leave Tibet, Kundun. Your life's at great risk. Forgive my presumption but I have made arrangements to get you out safely. We should leave directly after the enthronement, the Chinese won't expect it.
- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: How can I help people if I run away from them? What kind of leader...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: I am not your son. And I've never thought of you as my father. You've been much too informal to me for that. Do you ever think about him? And what do you think about?
- Heinrich Harrer: It's not a conscious thought really, Kundun. He is always there. When I crossed Tibet he was with me. When I came to Lhasa he was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Max Vatan-You're very thorough.
Marianne Beausejour-That's why I'm still alive.”
“Marianne Beausejour-When will you be back?
Max Vatan-You know I don't know.
Marianne Beausejour-What the hell is it that's so important?
Max Vatan-Liberating your country.”
“Max Vatan-Heard a lot about you, saying you were beautiful... and good.
Marianne Beausejour-Being good at this kind of work is not very beautiful.”