“Garden State” quotes(2004)
Plot – After receiving the news of his mother's death, Andrew Largeman decides to return to his hometown in New Jersey, which he had left nine years before because of his constant conflicts with his father. Once at home, he quickly realizes that the distance from home and his television acting career in Los Angeles have not been enough to heal the wounds of the past. A glimmer of hope could be opened by his encounter with Sam, a cheerful and radiant girl.
All actors – Zach Braff, Kenneth Graymez, George C. Wolfe, Austin Lysy, Gary Gilbert, Jill Flint, Ian Holm, Peter Sarsgaard, Alex Burns, Jackie Hoffman, Michael Weston, Christopher Carley, Armando Riesco, Amy Ferguson, Trisha LaFache, Jim Parsons, Jean Smart, Yvette Mercedes, Jayne Houdyshell, Natalie Portman, Ron Leibman, Ann Dowd, Ato Essandoh, Wynter Kullman, Geoffrey Arend, Soara-Joy Ross, Ryan B. Moschetti, Method Man, Joe Bacino, Tracey Antosiweicz, Seth Michael May, Denis O'Hare, Debbon Ayer, Ice, Magoo, Janine Strafaci, Kurt Siegelin, Mark Murphy, Joanna Leslie, Pamela Abdy, Marc Alan Austen, David Barroso, Courtney Delong, James Ecklund, Lori Finkel, Keith Hallworth, Ben Hauck, Jakob Hawkins, Joe Ho, Jennifer Johns, Michael Marinoff, Lisa Soule, Jenna Willisshow all
“Garden State” Quotes 22 quotes
“You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of a sudden even though you have some place where you put your shit, that idea of home is gone.”
“- Sam: Tickle's my favorite thing in the whole world. It's all that's left of Nanny, my blanket.
- Andrew Largeman: Tickle is all that remains. Was there a hurricane or something?
- Sam: Shut up! No, I've had this since I was a baby. It's what they brought me home in from the hospital.”
“Can you imagine being the guy whose job it is to argue for the right to build a mall on top of a geological phenomenon?”
“- Andrew Largeman: I just feel like I've been going to too many of these lately.
- Sam: What? Dates?
- Andrew Largeman: You call this a date? This isn't a date. No, funerals.”
“- Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
- Andrew Largeman: You'll see one day when you move out. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself for your kids,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't want to waste another moment of my life without you in it.”
“- Andrew Largeman: Do you lie a lot?
- Sam: What do you consider a lot?
- Andrew Largeman: Enough for people to call you a liar.”
“- Obnoxious Girl: What do you mean you don't have bread, how can you not have bread?
- Andrew Largeman: We're a Vietnamese restaurant, we just don't have bread.
- Obnoxious Girl: Well, you're not Vietnamese.
- Andrew Largeman: No, I'm not.
- Obnoxious Girl: Can I have something to chew on! Fuck, bamboo! Whatever!”
“If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like.”
“- Sam: I haven't even lied in like two days.
- Andrew Largeman: Is that true?
- Sam: No.”
“She offered me her sleeve and told me to blow my nose into it. And I can remember, even as a little kid, thinking to myself, this is love... this is love.”
“- Andrew Largeman: Fuck, this hurts so much.
- Sam: I know it hurts. That's life. If nothing else, it's life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have.”
“- Andrew Largeman: Would you like a ride home?
- Sam: Fine. But I'm not riding in that sidecar.
- Andrew Largeman: Why not?
- Sam: Sidecars are for bitches. Anyone who rides in one is automatically your bitch. Thus I will ride on the back.”
“Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.”
“The only thing worse than a favor is a favor involving money.”
“This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before, and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing.”