Stephen Rea quotes
“- Fergus: The thing is, Dil, you're not a girl.
- Dil: Details, baby. Details.”
“There's only one place for aliens. And that's underneath the rotten cabbages in the brock heap.”
- David "Beano" Baggot: You were engaged to a Guinness heiress, wasn't it?
- Tony Costello: Yeah, but they paid me to go away.
“- Col: You could always make it up to her. When a girl runs out like that, she generally wants to be followed.
- Fergus: She's not a girl, Col.
- Col: Whatever you say.”
That's the garage for you. Bogmen at Mass thinking they're at a football match. And that's when I say: "Whatever it takes, Francie Brady's getting out of this garage for pigs".
“- Da Brady: I loved you like no father ever loved a son, Francie.
- Narrator: It was hard for him to say it. I could barely hear him. It would have been better if he drew out and hit me.”
“They put Francie Brady in the garage for bad bastards and gave him a new job making baskets. And after he'd made a million trillion baskets they said they'd let him out again.”
“- Col: He's what she should run a mile away from.
- Fergus: Then why doesn't she?
- Col: Who knows the secrets of the human heart?”
“- Our Lady: God loves every one of us, Francie. But you know something, Francie? He has a very special place in his heart for you.
- Adult Francie Brady: Oh no, missus, you'll have to stop this appearing and disappearing crack or they'll put me back in there.”
“- Jude: What do you think of the hair?
- Fergus: It suits you.
- Jude: Aye. I was sick of being a blonde. I needed a tougher look, and you know what I mean.”
“Do you know what it means to be loved by Death? To become our bride?”
“I've been finding that dying is a hell of a time not to believe in God.”
“- Danny: They can't all have done something.
- Bloom: Yes, they can. That's the beauty of it. Nowadays, here, everybody is guilty.”
“- Bonner: Vengeance is mine. Who said that?
- Danny: I don't know.
- Bonner: The Lord said that.”
“- Bloom: By the way, in case you're wondering, I'm Jewish.
- Danny: Are you a Catholic Jew or a Protestant Jew?”
“- Febre the Man in Black: What if I absolutely must kill someone?
- Cardinal Richelieu: Well, if you must, you must.”
“- Fergus: Did he ever tell you you were beautiful?
- Dil: All the time. Even now.
- Fergus: What do you mean?
- Dil: He looks after me. He's a gentleman, too.”
“Have you ever tried to pick up your teeth with broken fingers?”