Perception quotes111 perception quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I feel like 35. At 35 you're old enough to know something and young enough to look forward to what you can do with the knowledge. So I stayed at 35!”
“- Nicholas Angel: Danny, this is murder.
- PC Danny Butterman: It's not murder, it's ketchup.”
“- Tom Manning: Hey, fish stick. Don't touch anything.
- Abe Sapien: I need to touch it to see.
- Tom Manning: See what?
- Abe Sapien: Past, future. Whatever this object holds.”
“You know how when you meet someone and you think you like them? And then, the more you talk to them, you see parts that you don't like?”
“I can't feel my legs! Oh, there they are.”
“- Data: Sir, does tactile contact alter your perception of the Phoenix?
- Picard: Oh, yes! For humans, touch can connect you to an object in a very personal way, make it seem more real.”
“Even with two eyes, you only see half of the picture.”
“In Vegas, everybody's gotta watch everybody else. Since the players are looking to beat the casino, the dealers are watching the players. The box men are watching the dealers. The floor men are watching the box men. The pit bosses are watching the floor men. The shift bosses are watching the pit bosses. The casino manager is watching the shift...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Klein: What do you look like?
- Indrid Cold: It depends on who is looking.”
“You know how someone's appearance can change the longer you know them? How a really attractive person, if you don't like them, can become more and more ugly; whereas someone you might not have even have noticed... that you wouldn't look at more than once, if you love them, can become the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. All you want to do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly: You're fighting the forces of evil that none of us can see without sunglasses.
- Nada: Take a look.
- Holly: If you want me to look through your sunglasses, I'll look through your sunglasses. If I don't see what you see, I'm going to see it anyway.”
“Just 'cause I'm halfway pretty, guys look in my eyes and think they know me. Like I'm their fantasy. I'm just a regular screwed-up person. So when you say I'm beautiful it's like you're not seeing me at all.”
“To a considerable extent, we control how we are perceived.”
“- Kyle: That's pretty cool, ya know, havin' a murder in our neighborhood and everything.
- Michael: Kyle, a guy just died and you think that's cool?
- Kyle: No, I don't mean cool, but it's interesting.”
“- Jill Bryant: I found it a bit melodramatic. That's only my opinion, my flatmate was moved to tears. So, there you are.
- Guy Hamilton: What does it take to move you to tears?”
“- Ted: Here in Barcelona, everything was swept aside. The world was turned upside down and stayed there.
- Fred: Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the world was upside down before, and now it's right side up?”
“- Alice: There's something down there.
- Jill Valentine: Where?
- Alice: There.
- Sgt. Peyton Wells: I don't see anything.
- Alice: That doesn't alter the fact that there is something down there.”