“The Lady Vanishes” quotes(1938)
All actors – Margaret Lockwood, Michael Redgrave, Paul Lukas, Dame May Whitty, Cecil Parker, Linden Travers, Naunton Wayne, Basil Radford, Mary Clare, Emile Boreo, Googie Withers, Sally Stewart, Philip Leaver, Selma Vaz Dias, Catherine Lacey, Josephine Wilson, Charles Oliver, Kathleen Tremaine, Alfred Hitchcock, Roy Russellshow all
“The Lady Vanishes” Quotes 10 quotes
“I'm about as popular as a dose of strychnine.”
“I've no regrets. I've been everywhere and done everything. I've eaten caviar at Cannes, sausage rolls at the dogs. I've played baccarat at Biarritz and darts with the rural dean. What is there left for me but marriage?”
“I never think you should judge any country by its politics. After all, we English are quite honest by nature, aren't we?”
“Never climb a fence if you can sit on it.”
“- Dr. Hartz: And I am Dr. Egon Hartz; you may have heard of me.
- Gilbert: Not the brain surgeon?
- Dr. Hartz: Yes, the same.
- Gilbert: Yes, you flew over to England the other day and operated on one of our cabinet ministers.
- Dr. Hartz: Oh, yes.
- Gilbert: Tell me, did you find anything?”
“- Gilbert: Come on, sit down, take it easy. What's the trouble?
- Iris Henderson: If you must know, something fell on my head.
- Gilbert: When, infancy?”
“- Gilbert: Can I help?
- Iris Henderson: Only by going away.
- Gilbert: No, no, no, no. My father always taught me, never desert a lady in trouble. He even carried that as far as marrying Mother.”
“- Iris Henderson: You're the most contemptible person I've ever met in all my life!
- Gilbert: Confidentially, I think you're a bit of a stinker, too.”