Uncertainty quotes79 uncertainty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you can have more happiness.”
“Someday. That's a dangerous word. It's really just a code for 'never'.”
“Uncertainty, that's what one fears most.”
“- Marlin: How do you know if they're ready?
- Crush: Well, you never really know, but when they know, you know, y'know?”
“- Joe Bowers: I just need you to tell me how to get to the time machine.
- Frito: Oh, that's easy. You go down by the museum and stuff… it's like it's like, by the museum... sort of but… actually, not really. More like on the street, you go… Wait, let me start over. Okay, you know where the time machine is?”
“It may be in the old days what was known as a spiritual crisis: feeling as though every axiom in your life turned out to be false... and there was actually nothing. And that you were nothing.”
“We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when...”
“- Hook Waters: How are we going to make the future unpredictable?
- Nick Gant: By not knowing what we're going to do, until right before we do it.
- Cassie Holmes: A plan without planning.”
“We have absolutely no idea what we want.”
“People always want to run when they don't know what's coming. It's their first instinct, always to run.”
“- Rocky: We should run.
- Tum Tum: We should hide.
- Colt: We should kick their butts!”
“I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow.”
“I really don't see what is so romantic about proposing. One may be accepted - one usually is, I believe - and then the excitement is ended. The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”
“- Nick: I don't know what the hell it is and nothing you've shown me or told me indicates that you do either. Maybe it is an alien artifact, maybe it's a magic trick. Maybe it's a distillation of knowledge from an advanced civilization, maybe it's just a toy, an alien's child toy.
- Danika: Or an alien sex object; it looks like...
- Nick: Or...” (continue)(continue reading)