Honesty quotes179 honesty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Telling the truth can be dangerous business. Honest and popular don't go hand in hand. If you admit that you play the accordion no one will hire you in a rock 'n' roll band. But we can sing out hearts out. And if we're lucky, then no neighbors complain. Because life is the way we audition for God. Let us pray that we all get the job.”
“It turned out a lot of my friends didn’t care for honesty.”
“Your tongue is old, but sharp, Cicero. Be careful how you waggle it. One day it will cut off your head.”
“There's just gotta be a place up ahead where men ain't low-down and poker's played fair. If there weren't, what are all the songs about? I'll see y'all there. And we can sing together and shake our heads over all the meanness in the used-to-be.”
“- Donald Horner: So am I different to what you expected?
- Emily Walters: Hmm. Perhaps. You seem...
- Donald Horner: Go on.
- Emily Walters: Cleaner.
- Donald Horner: That's honest.”
“- Burditt: Can I give you some advice? You need to shut the fuck up.
- Molly Patel: Excuse me?
- Burditt: If you hear something you don’t agree with, you have to resist the urge to give your opinion.
- Molly Patel: I will not be marginalized by the iron fist of white privilege that pervades this work environment.
- Burditt: I am not trying to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A ninja is honest and good. His mind, body and spirit are one. He has self-control. He has discipline.”
“- Will Henry: Do you know one of the first things I liked about you was?
- Diane: What?
- Will Henry: Your tits.
- Diane: That's so nice. Please touch them.”
“I'm a big jazz fan and I really liked what she was doing. I thought it was unique, I thought it was edgy. And sincere.”
“Let me just begin by saying that there are two sides to every story. This is my side, the right one.”
“From what I hear about Communism, I don't like it because it isn't on the level.”
“- Lenore St. John: Why do you have to be so damn honorable?
- Bryan Mills: Believe me, right now I wish I weren't.”
“- Dr. Cyril Wecht: [rhetorically] Did you think the NFL would thank you?
- Dr. Bennet Omalu: [earnestly] Yes.
- Dr. Cyril Wecht: What the hell for?
- Dr. Bennet Omalu: For knowing.”
“- Cooper: Doctor Brand and Edmonds, they close?
- TARS: I wouldn't know.
- Cooper: Is that a ninety percent wouldn't know, or ten percent wouldn't know?
- TARS: I also have a discretion setting, Cooper.
- Cooper: Ah. But not a poker face, huh?”
“Every attempt that is done with a true heart ... is bigger than losing or winning.”
“I thought my job was to tell the public the truth - the facts, pretty or not - and let the publishing of those facts make a difference in how people look at things. At themselves, at what they stand for. That's shame on me. This is the only thing I ever wanted to do. And for a while, a long while, it was an honor.”
“If you're writing your own music, then it's important to be really honest.”