Politicians quotes120 politicians quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I called him a 'catamite'; that's one step up from 'assistant pederast'!”
“I think I must be the only British actor who's played both Stalin and Trotsky. I need to play Lenin so I can make it a triptych.”
“They won't go over there and pick up our buddies and bring 'em back home, because there's no gain in it. You and I know that the books are still in the red. And the politicians know, too. The same politicians that never lost a single son in Vietnam - not one.”
“There may be honor among thieves, but there's none in politicians.”
“You are, all of you, amateurs. And international affairs should never be run by gentlemen amateurs. Do you have any idea of what sort of place the world is becoming all around you? The days when you could just act out of your noble instincts, are over. Europe has become the arena of realpolitik, the politics of reality. If you like: real...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Italy just elected a porn star to their senate. Which is wonderful, because that means no sex scandals - just great posters and incredible downloads.”
“The only facts they won't challenge are the ones that keep the wheels greased and the dollars rolling in.”
“When they decide to destroy a man, they throw the book at him. An old trick, but one I see they've brought to new refinement. You dismiss the law while claiming to serve it. It makes those in power think they have nothing to fear. The just have always been an obstacle to politicians, and today more than ever!”
“- President Barbara Adams: We still give Sir Mortimer Chris our complete support. When he talks of pixies he is clearly using the term metaphorically for problems in British Industry.
- White House reporter: How then do you explain the establishment of the anti-goblin program with plans to lure them out with ginger breadtraps?
- President...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A limp goes a long way in politics.”
“- Walker: You just killed the Secretary of Defense.
- Stenz: Well, he wasn't doing a very good job.”
“- Sam Lowry: Excuse me, Dowser, can you put me through to Mr. Helpmann's office?
- Dowser: I'm afraid I can't sir. You have to go through the proper channels.
- Sam Lowry: And you can't tell me what the proper channels are, because that's classified information?
- Dowser: I'm glad to see the Ministry's continuing its tradition of recruiting the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Politicians are all deal-makers.”