Cedrick Webster Hardwicke quotes
“- Sethi: Rameses, do you believe this slave deliverer is a myth?
- Rameses: What I believe is of no account. What matters is the slavesbelieve in him.
- Sethi: Of course, of course. Then you, too, shall go to Goshen. Learn if this deliverer be a myth or a man. If a myth, bring him to me in a bottle. If a man, bring him to me in chains.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ordeal by comment card, known otherwise as death by a thousand cuts.”
“- Ygor: You cannot take my friend away from me. He's all that I have. Nothing else. You're going to make him your friend and I'll be alone.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: It will be as I say or he must be destroyed.”
“- Chief Constable: He seems to recognize you, Doctor.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: I never saw this... man before in my life. I know nothing about him.”
“The press should be destroyed and the printer hanged for blasphemy.”
“- Ygor: You're going to help him Doctor? You are giving him life?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Yes but not for the purposes that you think Ygor. I'm giving him strength so that an operation may be successful.
- Ygor: An operation?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Yes. I'm giving him another brain.”
“Being an intelligence officer destroys all faith in human nature.”
“I have replaced an evil brain with a good one. I have made amends for the great tragedies my father and my brother unintentionally brought to this community. I have restored the good name of Frankenstein.”
“- Ygor: You can make us one. We'll be together always. My brain and his body. Together.
- Ludwig Frankenstein: You're a cunning fellow Ygor. Do you think I would put your sly and sinister brain into the body of a giant? That would be a monster indeed. You will do as I tell you or I will not be responsible for the consequences.”
“I regard England as my wife and America as my mistress.”
“- Ygor: Whose brain?
- Ludwig Frankenstein: Kettering. A man of character and learning. The monster will cease to be an evil influence and become everything that is good.”
“- Nefretiri: Are you afraid of Moses?
- Rameses: Yes, because now he holds Ethiopia in his left hand, Goshen in right, and you, my Pharaoh, are in-between them.
- Sethi: Do you imply that he would raise the slaves against me? I've been his father.
- Jannes: Ambition knows no father.”
“- Ludwig Frankenstein: Your dream of power is over, Bohmer. You didn't realize his blood is the same type as Kettering's, but not the same as Ygor's. It will not feed the sensory nerves.
- The Monster: Bohmer! You played me a trick! What good is a brain without eyes to see? What good is a brain without eyes?”
“Harden yourself against subordinates. Have no friend. Trust no woman.”